Alerta Lomond Standard Profiling Hospital Bed
For patients with complex needs, a bed must be used that offers top adjustment capability and safety, but these beds can often come at a prohibitive cost. The Alerta Lomond Standard Profiling Hospital Bed is designed to balance functionality and budget, providing all the electric adjustment capability of a premium profiling bed without the high cost, making it ideal for care homes and residential care.
Please note: The price of this bed includes kerbside delivery only. For a full delivery, installation and demonstration service by a team of qualified engineers, select the "Profiling Bed Delivery and Installation Service" using the tick box above.
Who Can Use the Alerta Lomond Profiling Bed?
The Alerta Lomond Hospital Bed is highly versatile in terms of functionality, making it an ideal fit in nearly all care environments including hospitals, care homes and residential care scenarios. With four section profiling including knee brake adjustment, an electrically adjustable backrest, and click stop lower leg raising elevation, this bed provides all the adjustments necessary for nearly all care environments.
Is This Bed Height Adjustable?
Yes, with the touch of a button on the included eight-function handset, this bed can be adjusted in height to provide a safe working height for carers, as well as an ideal height for patient transfers and other procedures. The height can be adjusted from 40cm to 80cm off the ground, providing a height range that will suit most needs.
Is The Handset Lockable?
Yes, the included eight-function handset features a lock-out capability. This is ideal when there is a risk of unwanted patient tampering, ensuring that care givers can provide the best and most consistent positioning to their patient.
Which Wood Finishes Are Available?
This bed is available in two stylish wood finishes: Beech and Walnut. Providing a choice between light and dark wood grain, these two wood finishes allow the Alerta Lomond to fit seamlessly into home environments without disrupting the look of the room or decor.
With Which Mattresses is This Bed Compatible?
This bed is suitable for use with any pressure relief mattress with a standard single bed width and four section profiling support. For patients at high risk of pressure sore development, we recommend it be used with an alternating air mattress like the Alerta Emerald Overlay Alternating Air Mattress System, which can be added to your order with the tick box near the top of the page.
Keep in mind that with an overlay system like the Emerald, an underlay like the Alerta SensaflexFoam Mattress Underlay must be used. This can also be selected using the tick box near the top of the page.
Previously Known as the Alerta Encore Bed Range
The Alerta Lomond range is the new name for the profiling beds previously known as the Alerta Encore range. All dimensions and functions remain the same, and all accessories and spare parts for Lomond and Encore beds are fully interchangeable. The updated range includes the following beds:
Is This Bed Supplied with Side Rails?
Yes, this bed is supplied with wooden side rails to protect the patient from falls from bed. These side rails can be lowered, allowing for easy side transfers of the patient.
Will This Bed Stabilise the Mattress?
Yes, unlike most other profiling beds, the Alerta Lomond includes four mattress grips. These grips can be seen at the corners of the mattress platform, and will keep the mattress stable during profiling to ensure slipping or displacement is prevented.
Is This Bed Easy to Assemble?
This bed is designed to be as easy to assemble and disassemble as possible, and both can be done without the use of tools. This not only makes setup simple, but also allows the bed to be efficiently stored and transported with minimal hassle.
How Can This Bed Be Transported?
With such a large piece of equipment, transport can be difficult if not accounted for in the product design. This bed features a transport mode that locks into position, providing a stable and easily manoeuvrable shape that can be stored and transported with ease.
Is This Bed Supplied with a Warranty?
Yes, this profiling bed is supplied with a three year warranty on the bed frame and a two year warranty on the motors and electrics. This allows you to use the Lomond Hospital Bed with peace of mind that top functionality is assured.
Key Features and Benefits
- Profiling bed to balance functionality, ease of use and cost-efficacy
- Ideal for care homes, hospitals and residential care environments
- Available in both Beech and Walnut finishes to suit your room
- Four-section profiling capability allows a range of adjustments
- Supplied with an eight-function lockable handset with intuitive controls
- Knee brake adjustment allows legs to be elevated with ease
- Click stock lower leg raising elevation ensures the proper angle of elevation can be reached
- Electrically adjustable backrest to provide a comfortable seated position for the patient
- Height adjustment between 40cm and 80cm for an ideal working and transfer height
- Supplied with four robust 5" castors equipped with brakes for safety
- Four section mattress support allows the bed to work with most pressure care mattresses
- Mattress grips keep the mattress in place and prevent slipping during profiling
- Tool-free assembly and dismantling for easy setup and storage
- Full setup and installation service available via the tick box near the top of the page
- Transports system allows easy and safe movement of the bed
- Maximum safe working load: 200kg
- Height adjustment range: 40 - 80cm
- Outer dimensions: 103.4 x 212.5cm