Apex Domus 3 Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Overlay
Higher risk pressure care patients will usually require the use of an alternating pressure relief system to reduce their risk of pressure sore development, and versatility is key when it comes to meeting bed rail height regulations. The Apex Domus 3 Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Overlay is designed to provide excellent alternating therapy, and is available with or without a foam insert to allow use as a standalone mattress or overlay. With ventilated micro low air loss cells that are independently removable for infection control, this mattress overlay is an ideal option for patients at a high risk of pressure sore development.
This mattress is available with or without a foam insert to allow use as a standalone mattress. Select your desired option using the drop-down menu above.
- Pressure relief mattress overlay suitable for high risk pressure care patients
- Cost-effective and versatile option designed primarily for community and home care
- Available with an optional foam insert to allow use as a standalone mattress
- Ideal for providing flexibility to meet bed rail height regulations
- Ventilated micro low air loss cells provide excellent air circulation within the mattress
- Alternating and static modes with an audible low pressure alarm
- Provides dynamic comfort and skin breakdown prevention with alternating therapy
- Air cells are modular and independently removable to aid with infection control
- Static cells at the head end help to provide additional patient stability
- Easy-to-use controls with intuitive weight settings to allow for easy adjustment to the patient
- CPR toggle at head end to allow for quick response in the event of an emergency
- Cable management system helps to eliminate tripping hazards from the area
- Anchoring straps allow for secure attachment to bed frame or underlying mattress
- Transport mode with simple click-in design for easy use and cleaning
- Heads up control panel allows access for the carer from all positions
- Vapour-permeable cover is included to protect the mattress and aid in infection control
- Cover includes a 360° zip and non-slip base for hygiene and stability
Optional Foam Insert
To allow this mattress to work as an overlay or replacement mattress, it is available with an optional 7.6cm foam insert. When placed into the specially-designed foam insert under the Domus 3 Mattress Overlay, the foam insert provides additional support to allow use without an underlying foam mattress. This is ideal when the height of an existing foam mattress may be too large to allow compliance with bed rail height regulations.
The optional foam insert allows the Domus 3 to be used as a standalone mattress
Ventilated Micro Air Loss Cells
The unique air cells within the Domus 3 Mattress Overlay are designed to provide optimal airflow within the mattress, maximising the efficacy of alternating therapy. Since the air cells are made with a modular design, they can be independently removed to aid with infection control.
Alternating and Static Modes
When in alternating therapy mode, this mattress will continuously and sequentially inflate and deflate the modular air cells, providing excellent pressure redistribution over a 10 minute cycle. This alternating therapy ensures no area of skin endures sustained pressure, while a static mode is also available to stabilise the mattress for nursing procedures and transfers.
To enhance both infection control and patient comfort, the Domus 3 is supplied with a vapour permeable, water resistant, four-way stretch cover. This cover protects the mattress while helping to reduce shear and friction forces on the patient, and is designed with a white underside to make detection of strike through simple.
- Maximum patient weight: 180kg
- Mattress dimensions (LxWxD): 200 x 90 x 12.7cm
- CPR: High visible CPR toggle
- Pump dimensions (LxWxD): 29 x 18.5 x 12.6cm
- Pump weight: 2.6kg
- Cycle time: 10 minutes
- Voltage: AC220 - 240V, 50Hz; AC: 120V / 60Hz
- Fire retardancy: BS 7175 Crib 7
Please note: While the image above displays the Domus 3 in use with a profiling bed, it is supplied on its own without a bed.