Apex Domus 4 Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Replacement System
When patients are at significant risk of pressure sore development, complete replacement mattresses that feature alternating air therapy must be used, but these can often be prohibitively expensive. The Apex Domus 4 Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Replacement System is designed to provide high levels of support and relief, and includes features that are normally only found in much higher specification mattresses. This mattress allows for easy control by the carer with its intuitive weight settings, and is an ideal cost-effective option for those at high risk of pressure sore development.
- Full alternating mattress replacement system for high risk pressure care patients
- Provides excellent pressure care suitable for acute and community care settings
- Intuitive weight setting function allows carers to set the mattress according to patient weight
- Cell-on-cell design offers the patient higher levels of support and comfort throughout alternating cycles
- Equipped with alternating, static, max firm and seat inflate modes for highly versatile care
- Provides dynamic comfort and skin breakdown prevention with alternating therapy
- Air cells are modular and independently removable to aid with infection control
- Static cells at the head end help to provide additional patient stability
- CPR toggle at head end to allow for quick response in the event of an emergency
- Cable management system helps to eliminate tripping hazards from the area
- Anchoring straps allow for secure attachment to the existing bed frame
- Transport mode with simple click-in design for easy use and cleaning
- Head up control panel allows access for the carer from all positions
- Low pressure and power failure alarms alert carers of important faults
- Lock out mode prevents settings changes and unwanted tampering
- Vapour-permeable cover is included to protect the mattress and aid in infection control
- Cover includes a 360° zip and non-slip base for hygiene and stability
Range of Cell Modes
The Domus 4 Mattress is equipped with a multitude of different modes of operation, making it highly capable for its price. These modes include:
- Alternating Therapeutic Mode: continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates air cells for excellent pressure redistribution
- Seat Inflate Mode: Increases pressure when patient is sitting upright to provide ideal support for the sacral area
- Max Firm Mode: Hyper inflates all cells to provide a stable surface for transfers and other nursing procedures. This mode will revert back to Alternating Therapeutic Mode after 20 minutes for patient safety.
- Static Mode: An immersion process that addresses areas of especially high contact pressure. By reducing one third pressure across the entire surface of the mattress, body mass is redistributed over a greater surface.
This mattress is designed with cell-on-cell construction, providing patients with high levels of support and comfort throughout the alternating air cycle. Each cell is independently removable with a modular design, allowing for effective infection control and hygiene maintenance.
The Domus 4's modular cell-on-cell design provides better support and easier infection control
Pump Fault Alarms
The pump of this mattress is equipped with a number of alarms to enhance patient safety, including low pressure, power failure and service fault indications. These alarms sound to immediately alert the caregiver of any problems, allowing them to quickly respond to remedy the situation. A lock out mode is also included, helping to prevent any unwanted tampering or setting changes.
To enhance both infection control and patient comfort, the Domus 4 is supplied with a vapour permeable, water resistant, four-way stretch cover. This cover protects the mattress while helping to reduce shear and friction forces on the patient, and is designed with a white underside to make detection of strike through simple.
- Maximum patient weight: 200kg
- Mattress dimensions (LxWxD): 200 x 90 x 20.3cm
- Mattress weight: 7.5kg
- Cycle time: 10 minutes
- Pump dimensions (LxWxD): 29 x 18.5 x 12.6cm
- Pump weight: 2.2kg
- Voltage: AC220 - 240V, 50Hz; AC: 120V / 60Hz
- Fire retardancy: BS 7175 Crib 7
Please note: While the image above displays the Domus 4 in use with a profiling bed, it is supplied on its own without a bed.