Apex Domus Auto Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Replacement System
While many alternating air mattresses can provide effective pressure relief to high risk pressure patients, systems that automatically adjust to the patient's position, movement and weight will always provide superior pressure care when compared to systems that require manual adjustment. The Apex Domus Auto Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Replacement System combines constant low pressure alternating air therapy with automatic self-adjustment to provide top-of-the-range pressure care that is suitable for especially vulnerable patients. With a multitude of innovative and unique features, this advanced automatically adjusting mattress allows care teams to provide efficient and dynamic pressure care to very high risk patients.
This mattress is available with a choice of two widths to suit different beds. Select your desired width using the drop-down menu above.
- Automatically-adjusting mattress replacement system for very high risk pressure care patients
- Advanced dynamic mattress option for all sectors of the UK healthcare market
- Automatically adjusts to optimal pressure based on patient weight, position and movement
- Eliminates the risk of human error in pressure adjustments based on patient weight
- Comfort tuning allows for fine adjustments by the carer for unrivalled comfort
- Cell-on-cell design offers higher levels of support and comfort throughout alternating cycles
- Equipped with alternating, static, max firm and seat inflate modes for highly versatile care
- Provides dynamic comfort and skin breakdown prevention with alternating therapy
- Air cells are modular and independently removable to aid with infection control
- Static cells at the head end help to provide additional patient stability
- CPR toggle at head end to allow for quick response in the event of an emergency
- Cable management system helps to eliminate tripping hazards from the area
- Anchoring straps allow for secure attachment to the existing bed frame
- Transport mode with simple click-in design for easy use and cleaning
- Head up control panel allows access for the carer from all positions
- Low pressure and power failure alarms alert carers of important faults
- Alarm buzzer mute option provides minimal distraction during nursing procedures
- Lock out mode prevents settings changes and unwanted tampering
- Vapour-permeable cover is included to protect the mattress and aid in infection control
- Cover includes a 360° zip and non-slip base for hygiene and stability
Automatic Pressure Adjustment
Manual pressure controls allow carers to adjust pressure relief systems based on a patient's weight, but are insensitive to patient position and prone to human error. The auto-adjust feature of the Domus Auto Mattress automatically adjusts internal cell pressures based on each patient's weight and position, helping to free up carer time while eliminating the risk of error.
Range of Cell Modes
The Domus Auto Mattress is equipped with a multitude of different modes of operation, making it highly capable for its price. These modes include:
- Alternating Therapeutic Mode: continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates air cells for excellent pressure redistribution.
- Seat Inflate Mode: Increases pressure when patient is sitting upright to provide ideal support for the sacral area.
- Max Firm Mode: Hyper inflates all cells to provide a stable surface for transfers and other nursing procedures. This mode will revert back to Alternating Therapeutic Mode after 20 minutes for patient safety.
- Static Mode: An immersion process that addresses areas of especially high contact pressure. By distributing one third pressure across the entire surface of the mattress, body mass is redistributed over a greater surface.
This mattress is designed with cell-on-cell construction, providing patients with high levels of support and comfort throughout the alternating air cycle. Each cell is independently removable with a modular design, allowing for effective infection control and hygiene maintenance.
The Domus Auto's modular cell-on-cell design provides better support and easier infection control
Pump Fault Alarms
The pump of this mattress is equipped with a number of alarms to enhance patient safety, including low pressure, power failure and service fault indications. These alarms will sound to immediately alert the caregiver of any problems, allowing them to quickly respond to remedy the situation. A lock out mode is also included, helping to prevent any unwanted tampering or setting changes.
To enhance both infection control and patient comfort, the Domus Auto is supplied with a vapour permeable, water resistant, four-way stretch cover. This cover protects the mattress while helping to reduce shear and friction forces on the patient, and is designed with a white underside to make detection of strike through simple.
- Maximum patient weight: 200kg
- Mattress dimensions (LxWxD): 200 x 85 / 90 x 20.3cm
- Mattress weight: 7.5kg
- Cycle time: 10 minutes
- Pump dimensions (LxWxD): 29 x 18.5 x 12.6cm
- Pump weight: 2.2kg
- Voltage: AC220 - 240V, 50Hz; AC: 120V / 60Hz
- Fire retardancy: BS 7175 Crib 7
Please note: While the image above displays the Domus Auto in use with a profiling bed, it is supplied on its own without a bed.