Invacare Softform Excel Pressure Relief Mattress
For those at risk of pressure sore development, pressure relief mattresses provide an excellent way of providing comfort and protection. The Invacare Softform Excel Pressure Relief Mattress is constructed from high specification foam over a robust foam base, providing excellent weight distribution and comfort. The core is made with keyhole cut cells, each moving independently to promote support and relief to key areas of the body.
This mattress is available with a choice of four different widths. Select your desired width using the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Provides pressure relief for at risk patients
- Foam layers distribute patient weight evenly
- Made with high specification foam for comfort
- Mattress core made from keyhole-cut foam cells
- Each cell moves independently for pressure redistribution
- Base is made with a firm layer of high density foam
- Base provides stability and prevents bottoming out
- Needs to be rotated only to reduce manual handling
- Supplied with a protective cover that reduces shear forces
- Cover zips around on three sides to allow easy inspection of foam
Comfort and Pressure Relief
The Softform Excel is designed for those considered to be at risk from pressure ulcers. The high specification foam allows the mattress to evenly distribute weight when the patient is lying on it. This reduces the number of pressure points, which in turn lowers the risk of developing ulcers.
Independently-Cut Foam Cells
The core of the foam mattress is made from keyhole-cut foam cells. This means that they can move independently, helping to evenly distribute the user's weight across the whole of the mattress. It is this distribution that reduces the pressure and helps to prevent ulcers.
Supportive Base Layer
This mattress is made with a robust foam base, helping to prevent the mattress from bottoming out. This improves the lifespan of the mattress as it maintains its shape and rigidity even after repeated use.
Many mattresses require frequent turning, taking up valuable carer time and reducing care home resources for other patients. This mattress needs only to be turned, increasing the product's longevity and reducing the manual handling required.
The mattress is supplied with a protective cover. Made from a durable and sturdy fabric, the cover offers a layer of protection over the mattress, elongating its lifespan. The cover also helps to reduce friction.
The cover zips around three sides of the mattress. This keeps the mattress contained while in use, making it easy to inspect the foam in case of damages.
- Standard width: 800mm, 855mm, 880mm or 900mm
- Standard length: 1950mm
- Height: 152mm
- Weight: 10kg
- Maximum patient weight: 140kg (22 stone)
- Warranty: Foam and cover 2 years