Parnell Premier Cot Side Rail
Side rails are crucial for keeping a vulnerable patient from falling out of bed, but many rails can be flimsy or hard to attach, and relying on the strength of the bed frame as an attachment point can be unreliable. Rigorously tested for safety, the Parnell Premier Cot Side Rail anchors firmly between the bottom of the bed frame and the floor to provide superior stability and strength that works with just about any bed.
- 1 x Cot Side Rail (to provide protection to one side of the bed)
Which Beds Can I Use the Parnell Cot Rail With?
As this Cot Side Rail anchors itself firmly between the floor and bottom of the bed frame, it can be used to prevent falls from just about any type of bed. This rail has been designed for use with all domestic and profiling beds, including single, double, king-size and adjustable beds. It is suitable for use with almost all frames, including wooden, metal and conventional divan bed frames.
Why Should I Trust the Parnell Cot Side Rail?
The Parnell Premier Cot Side Rail separates itself from similar products with its attention to detail and user safety:
- Strength and Stability: Anchoring firmly between the bed frame and floor, stability and support are ensured
- Easy Setup: Adjusting to almost any bed, it can be easily secured by a single carer
- Simplicity: No straps or extra parts, it stays out of the way to fit into any bedroom
- Rigorous Testing: Trusted by the NHS and tested by Newcastle University to BS EN 60601-2-52:2010
How Prevalent Are Bed Falls?
Each year, over 20,000 people in the UK are admitted to hospital for accidents relating to falling out of bed. The Parnell Premier Cot Side Rail is a necessary precaution to take for those prone to falls, as it is designed to stop someone from rolling over the edge of the bed. It is a highly useful tool for the elderly or disabled people that helps avoid accident and injury.
Easy Setup with No Tripping Hazard
This Cot Side Rail is quick and easy to assemble, requiring no tools, ties or straps to fit it all into place. The front footplates are completely flat as to not to pose any tripping hazard or provide obstacles to wheelchair users or those using walking frames.
British Family Business
The Parnell name is one you can trust, as it represents a UK family-owned business. Parnell have a passion for developing affordable and reliable bed accessories that will last for years to come, and are committed to improving on conventional medical accessory standards to provide a better and safer experience for both patients and carers.
Withstands Heavy Weights
The Premier Cot Side Rail is a very strong and durable barrier between the patient and a fall out of bed. It is able to withstand a weight of up to 114kg (18 stone), and force of 50kg (8 stone) in any horizontal direction when attached to the bed, making it sturdy and secure.
Specifications of the Premier Cot Side Rail
- Overall length 122cm (48")
- Overall height 87cm (34")
- Distance of inner bars: 8cm (3")
- Minimum clearance: 3cm (1")
- Maximum clearance: 31.8cm (13")
- Maximum user weight: 114kg (18 stone)