Roho Nexus Spirit Pressure Relief Cushion
In using a contoured foam base, the Roho Nexus Spirit Pressure Relief Cushion offers high stability, proving to provide outstanding support during transfer. Dry Floatation technology encourages blood flow and helps pressure sores to heal, while the cushion's design intelligently supports critical pressure points providing protection to the ischia, sacrum and coccyx.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to position the pelvis and lower extremities
- Uses a contoured foam base to offer stability during transfer
- Special cushion insert addresses critical pressure points
- Designed to be transportable and mobile with lightweight design
- Features a flame resistant neoprene rubber support pad
- Fitted with an easily washable Dry Floatation insert
- Constructed to offer a quick fix through a puncture repair kit
- Special two-way stretch cover ensures longevity
- Supplied with operation instructions that are simple to understand
- Offers catered pressure for the individual thanks to hand inflation pump
- Supplied with a three year manufacturer's warranty
- Weight: 1.4kg (varies depending on the size of the cushion selected)
Stability and Support
The Nexus Spirit Pressure Relief Cushion uses a neoprene rubber support pad and a Dry Floatation insert to provide reliable support during transfer. The rubber support pad is tough, and sits at the bottom of the cushion ensuring that the user stays stable, while positioning the pelvis and low extremities to the centre of the cushion.
The Dry Floatation support bad uses special air-cell-based technology to redistribute even pressure across the entire cushion. Low friction is ensured around key pressure points on the ischia, sacrum and coccyx, either preventing pressure sores for developing or giving existing sores the time and space to recover.
Who Can Use the Roho Nexus Spirit Cushion?
Roho cushions are widely used in the NHS, by practitioners and by other care professionals. They have an excellent pressure for pressure relieving qualities. The Roho Nexus Spirit Cushion may be suitable in the following circumstances* (with appropriate nursing care and guidance):
- Clients who are at moderate to high risk for skin breakdown
- Clients with no or partial sensation
- Clients who are able to do independent weight shifts
- Clients who propel their wheelchair with their feet
- Clients who require accommodation of pelvic asymmetry (up to 1.25cm)
- Clients who require increased stability and lower extremity alignment
- Medium to high risk pressure patients with appropriate care
- Maximum User Weight: 225kg (35.4st)
*This list of indications is for guidance only and does not constitute a medical opinion. Please consult your GP, consultant or physiotherapist in order to obtain a medical opinion as to which pressure relief cushion is most suitable for your requirements before purchasing.
Sizes of the Roho Nexus Spirit Pressure Relief Cushion
The Roho Nexus Spirit Pressure Relief Cushion is available in 9 different sizes to meet with your requirements. The measurements below are measured first across the width of the cushion from left to right, and then the depth of the cushion from front to back.
|Size (cm) ||Size (Inches) |
|36cm x 36cm ||14" x 14" |
|36cm x 41cm ||14" x 16" |
|38cm x 38cm ||15" x 15" |
|41cm x 41cm ||16" x 16" |
|41cm x 46cm ||16" x 18" |
|43cm x 43cm ||17" x 17" |
|46cm x 41cm ||18" x 16" |
|46cm x 46cm ||18" x 18" |
|51cm x 46cm ||20" x 18" |