Systam Polyair 60 Pressure Relief Air Cushion
For patients with low levels of mobility, the use of a pressure relief cushion may be necessary in order to prevent the development of pressure sores. The Systam Polyair 60 Pressure Relief Air Cushion is an excellent pressure-relieving system, using durable air cells to provide high levels of relief and comfort. The even weight distribution this cushion provides makes it suitable for patients at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers.
- Suitable for patients at very high risk of pressure sore development
- Multitude of air cells work together for even weight distribution
- Laxprene air cells are durable with excellent tear resistance
- Features dual compartments that act independently
- Perfect design for rectifying pelvic imbalances
- Dual compartment layout offers greater stability and comfort
- Best suited to smaller more active patients who require little assistance
- Simple inflation thanks to inflation matrix and pressure manometer
- Honeycomb layout of cells optimises air density
- Improved contact surface and pressure distribution
- Available in a range of sizes for different chairs and users
While pressure sore prevention is a key quality of this cushion, it is equally effective as a weapon against the effects of maceration as it is against friction and shear. This is due to its improved aeration in areas at risk, its ability to reduce tissue deformation and its increased stability thanks to a honeycomb design that optimises the density of air cells in contact with the user.
Excellent Pressure Distribution
The Polyair 60 Cushion ensures maximum patient contact with the seating surface by moulding itself around bone, muscle or other protruding parts of the body at the base of the spine and across the sitting area. This adaptability results in an extremely effective reduction in transcutaneous pressure discrepancies on the buttock areas with little or no counter-pressure. This enables pressure distribution without shifting it to another part of the skin.
All Polyair cushions feature dual compartments that act independently. With the included manometer and pressure guide chart, the two compartments can be easily inflated at equal or different pressure levels. This design is particularly useful in rectifying pelvic imbalances while at the same time offering greater stability and comfort.
The individual cells or nodules are able to move independently, which enables effective counteracting of shearing and also ensures even pressure distribution in all compartments. The space in between the cells improves ventilation, preventing overheating and bolstering patient comfort.
Breathable, Waterproof Cover
The cushion includes a highly breathable cover that is also impenetrable to liquids. The breathable cover reduces maceration (the softening and whitening of skin that is kept constantly wet) by easing skin perspiration. Since the cover is waterproof, the cushion will stay clean and dry, increasing its longevity and boosting hygiene levels.
Specifications and Dimensions
|Size (mm) ||Max User Weight (kg) |
|400 x 400 x 60mm ||80kg |
|400 x 430 x 60mm ||90kg |
|430 x 430 x 60mm ||110kg |
|510 x 500 x 60mm ||180kg |