Systam Viscoflex Plus Memory Foam Pressure Relief Cushion
For many patients with low levels of mobility, the use of pressure a relieving cushion is necessary to prevent the development of pressure ulcers. The Systam Viscoflex Plus Memory Foam Pressure Relief Cushion is a highly effective cushion constructed from viscoelastic memory foam. The excellent pressure relieving qualities of this cushion make it suitable for patients at a high to very high risk of pressure sore development.
This cushion's anatomically shaped design improves positioning, stability and comfort and also increases the contact area of the cushion with the user's body. This increased contact area improves the distribution of pressure and reduces the risk of pressure sores developing. The memory foam also facilitates blood circulation, further reducing the risk of pressure sores.
Ergonomic Foam Insert
In addition to all the features of the Systam Viscoflex Pressure Relief Cushion, this cushion also includes an internal skeleton of high-capacity weight-bearing foam. This structures the cushion and optimises weight distribution.
This internal foam skeleton ensures the most sensitive areas of the base of the spine are suspended in the middle of the cushion, rather than compressing it totally and bottoming out. A ridge in the cushion stops the patient's body from sliding forward, providing a stable and optimum position.
Stabilisation and Weight Distribution
You can see above that there is an anti-punching foam insert (A) that is specifically positioned in relation to the ischia (B). This distributes the pressure to the buttock peripheral zone, which stabilises and supports the pelvis and prevents it from reaching the bottoming zone.
The pre-ischial ridge of the cushion sits beneath the back of the legs, preventing forward sliding and maintaining a proper spinal position. The prevention of sliding bolsters stability, ensuring reliable and consistent positioning.
Indications For Use
There are several situations that this pressure sore cushion is ideally suited to (with appropriate nursing care and guidance):
- Where a pressure sore (Stage I to III according to EPUAP) is present
- Where there is an increased or very high risk of developing a pressure sore according to an evaluation scale (Braden, Norton, Waterlow)
- Patients with a history of pressure sores on contact with a seating area
- Complete or incomplete paralysis of the trunk or lower limbs
- Impaired or absent sensation of the lower body
- Impaired frontal stability
- Bad general state
- Any combination of these
- Suitable for patients at high to very high risk of pressure sore development
- Consists of a moulded viscoelastic foam with ergonomic foam insert
- Moulds to the body ensuring maximum surface contact with cushion
- Increases pressure distribution while bolstering comfort and stability
- Reduces transcutaneous pressure in high risk areas and facilitates circulation
- Skin effect of the moulded foam gives protection from tearing or crumbling
- Includes a vapour permeable waterproof cover
- Ultra light design makes for easy transport and set up
Specifications and Dimensions
This cushion is available in a range of sizes and weight capacities. Refer to the table below to decide which size is right for you.
Max User Weight (kg)
|360 x 360 x 80mm ||70kg |
|420 x 420 x 80mm ||110kg |
|420 x 460 x 80mm ||120kg |
|450 x 420 x 80mm ||120kg |
|450 x 460 x 80mm ||130kg |
|510 x 460 x 80mm ||150kg |