Systam Wheelchair Back Support Pressure Relief Cushion
For those who spend long stretches of the day in their wheelchair, a back support can drastically improve the comfort, stability and enjoyment they get out of their everyday activities. The Systam Wheelchair Back Support Pressure Relief Cushion has been designed to improve the comfort of a wheelchair user by supporting common problem areas on the back. This cushion also reduces pressure peaks in the shoulder blade and shoulder areas in contact with the wheelchair's frame.
- Reduces pressure in key problem areas for everyday wheelchair users
- Improves and enhances both comfort and stability in the user
- Multi-bearing surface enables greater pressure relief and comfort
- Visco Foam surface contains vents for extra breathability
- Prevents forward sliding and maintains good posture
- Includes vapour permeable and waterproof cover
- Side padding to protect the axillary dorsal zone
- Reduces pressure to the shoulders and shoulder blades
- High abrasion resistant fabric in high contact areas
- Universal attachment system for easy set up
Posture Support and Pressure Relief
The Systam Wheelchair Cushion is made from viscoelastic memory foam with memory effect and a multi-bearing surface, which distributes pressure evenly across the entire dorsal area. It is supplied with side padding to protect the axillary dorsal zone from contact with the frame of the chair, which can often be painful for wheelchair users. The pressure distribution qualities of this cushion are evident in the pressure map below.
As you can see, use of this back support results in a significant reduction of pressure in problem areas, creating a more comfortable sitting experience as well as a much lower pressure sore risk. Designed to free the pressure points in the vertebral zone and relieve the sacrum area of forward slipping, this support can drastically improve both posture and comfort immediately. The Systam Wheelchair Back Support Pressure Relief Cushion displaces pressure points from the lumbar area towards the hips leading to excellent lateral pelvic stabilisation.
Systam Wheelchair Back Support Cushion Layout
- White Area: Areas with low bearing capacity (gentle support) free the vertebral zone from pressure peaks and favour a proper dorsal fit.
- Blue Area: Areas with high bearing capacity (firmer support) transfer pressure from high risk areas and accentuate lateral stability.
Hygienic, Breathable Cover
The cover of this cushion is designed to protect the inner foam while allowing air flow between the user and chair, with section-by-section differences for maximum benefit. In the dorsal area, a two-way stretch fabric coated with polyurethane is used, providing full breathability and waterproofing. In areas that may be subject to more abrasion, a highly resistant technical fabric is used, elongating the cushion's life and preventing breakdown.
Dimensions and Specifications
|Size (mm) ||Wheelchair Width (mm) |
|490 x 440 x 90mm ||360 - 440mm |
|490 x 500 x 100mm ||420 - 500mm |