Vicair Academy Adjuster Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Those who spend long stretches of time seated in a wheelchair can be at risk of pressure sore development, and will often require added support and stability. The Vicair Academy Adjuster Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is made with hundreds of small, air-filled SoftCells, distributed between eight adjustable compartments for optimal pelvic stability, immersion and functionality. With side and front compartments to enhance stability and prevent rotation of the thighs, this cushion is suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development.
This cushion is available in a variety of sizes with two cover choices. Select your desired options using the drop-down menus above.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at very high pressure sore risk
- Provides optimal pelvic stability, immersion and functionality
- Consists of eight independently-adjustable, strategically-placed compartments
- Side compartments stabilise the pelvis and prevent external thigh rotation
- Front compartments stabilise the thigh and prevent internal rotation
- Excellent for clients with a range of postural asymmetry
- Cushion can be adapted to the needs of each client
- Offers excellent weight distribution and comfort
- Each compartment filled with hundreds of air-filled SoftCells
- Cells constantly adapt to body contours
- Lightweight and easy to maintain
Very High Risk Pressure Relief
Vicair Academy cushions provide a unique combination of weight distribution, comfort, positioning and postural support, making them an excellent pressure relief solution for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development. These cushions are fully adjustable in cell density, allowing them to be customised to provide the best relief for each specific patient. The support they provide makes them excellent for those with a range of postural asymmetries.
Provides Pelvic and Thigh Stability
This cushion is made with eight compartments, including side compartments to provide pelvic stability and prevent external rotation of the thighs. The front section works to stabilise the thighs, preventing internal rotation.
Vicair cushions are designed with a unique and innovative pressure relief system, consisting of hundreds of air-filled SoftCells. These small, pyramid-shaped cells are arranged in strategically placed compartments, allowing for bespoke support and relief. Flexible and fabric-coated, these cells have a low friction level, allowing them to move with the patient to produce a significant reduction in shear forces while conforming to body contours.
Lightweight and Low-Maintenance
This cushion is made to be easy to use and maintain, as it is lightweight and each SoftCell is independently replaceable if damaged. Once the cushion has been adjusted to the client's needs, there is little intervention required, meaning less disruption for the patient and carer.
This cushion is available with two choices of cover. Both covers feature and anti-slip bottom for stability and a two-way stretchable top for comfort and reduction of shear forces. The covers are fitted with Velcro tape on the undersides, allowing fixation to the wheelchair seat.
The two cover choices are as follows:
- Comfair Cover: This cover is made with breathable fabric, allowing it to provide excellent comfort for the patient.
- Incontinence Cover: This cover is made with waterproof, incontinence-proof material, allowing it to provide protection to increase cushion longevity.
- Weight: 0.4 - 1.2kg
- Max patient weight: 250kg (39.5 stone)
- Washing instructions
- Outer cover: Wash up to 60°C
- Inner cover: Hand wash
- SoftCells: Hand wash