Alerta Pearl Overlay Alternating Air Mattress System
The battle against pressure sore development on your patients or loved ones can be constant, making effective pressure care a top priority. The Alerta Pearl Overlay Alternating Air Mattress System was designed to be an affordable and reliable way to achieve this, boosting peace of mind for carers and quality of life for medium to high risk pressure care patients.
What Is Included?
- 1 x Alternating Air Mattress
- 1 x Pump for the Air Mattress
- 1 x Vapour Permeable Cover
Which Patients Is This Mattress Suitable For?
This air mattress system is the perfect tool to prevent and treat bed sores in patients at medium to high risk of pressure sore development. Versatile and affordable, this mattress is suitable for use in hospitals as well as residential and care home environments.
How Does the Alerta Pearl Provide Pressure Relief?
The Alerta Pearl Overlay Alternating Air Mattress System features 5" air cells, so that comfort, as well as prevention and treatment of ulcers, is ensured. These air cells are powered by a pump that provides a constant alternating motion on a 12 minute cycle, ensuring that pressure is not placed on any one section of the patient's skin for too long.
Is the Alerta Pearl Overlay Easy to Use?
With simple to use settings and functionality, the Alerta Budget makes it easy for any care provider to quickly set up the air mattress system, and have it operating at the perfect pressure for any patient within seconds. Equipped with nylon TPU coated covert sealed air cells for durability, the Alerta Pearl is an ideal solution for low-cost medium to high risk patient care.
Can I Use the Alerta Pearl as a Standalone Mattress?
No, the Alerta Pearl is designed for use as a mattress overlay only. This means it must be placed on top of an existing mattress to provide added pressure relief.
How Loud Is the Pump?
While any alternating air mattress pump will cause some level of noise, the Alerta Pearl pump is designed to be as silent as possible. This low volume allows this air mattress to be used in multi-patient environments without disturbing sleep or conversation, making it versatile enough for use in hospital, residential and care home environments alike.
How Comfortable is the Alerta Pearl?
This is an exceptionally comfortable air mattress, featuring a dedicated pillow section to provide stability during use. The air cells are micro-perforated while the cover is made of multi-stretch PU, allowing the user's skin to breathe to prevent overheating, perspiration and discomfort.
How Easy is Disinfection?
The Alerta Pearl Air Mattress System has been designed to be as easy as possible to disinfect, as it features independently removable air cells. This allows each cell to be removed separately when cleaning is required, helping to prevent build of bacteria between cells.
Is a Cover Included?
To improve durability and quality of care, this alternating air mattress system is fitted with a multi stretch and waterproof cover. This vapour permeable PU cover is anti-microbial to reduce bacteria and odour, and fully machine-washable so that you can keep your patient's environment sanitary at all times.
Is This Product Tested for Fire Safety?
Yes, all components of Alerta's pressure relief products are tested to comply with Crib 5 fire safety regulations. This means that all foam, air cells and covers for Alerta mattresses and cushions are tested to the most stringent fire safety guidelines, ensuring you stay fully compliant and up to date with regulations.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at medium to high risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Features nylon TPU coated, micro-perforated, covert sealed air cells
- Cells are branded and independently removable
- Pillow function included for comfort
- Zipped storage bag for easier storage and transportation
- CPR release for quick emergency reaction
- Multi-stretch and waterproof cover included
- Cover is anti-microbial and machine washable
- Includes 360° zipper for easy removal
- Robust pump connection for durability
- Transport mode for easy travel
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 200 x 90 x 12.7cm
- Air mattress Weight: 5.5kg
- Cell Structure: Cell-on-cell
- CPR: Quick release toggle
- Maximum user weight: 160kg
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 28 x 14 x 9cm
- Weight: 1.4kg
- Cycle Time: 12 minutes
- Power input: AC220 - 240V, 50 - 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 7W
- Pressure Range: 50 - 110mmHg
- Fitted with hanging brackets
- Multi-stretch PU
- Vapour permeable
- Water resistant
- Machine washable
- Antimicrobial and hygienic
- White underside