Apex Domus Auto Alternating Pressure Redistribution Mattress System with Heel Relief
An upgrade on the original Apex Domus Auto Redistribution System, the Apex Domus Auto Alternating Pressure Redistribution Mattress System with Heel Relief is designed to provide excellent alternating therapy for patients at medium to high risk of pressure sore development. With automatic adjustment based on the user's weight, the pressure levels constantly adjust for optimal benefit.
- 1 x Domus Auto Mattress
- 1 x Digital Pump
Who Can Use the Domus Auto?
The Domus Auto Pressure Mattress is suitable for use by individuals at medium to high risk of pressure sore development. As the automatic adjustment is based on the user's weight, pressure relief is amended to the best level required for the user.
How Does the Apex Domus Auto Pressure Relief Work?
The air cells within the Domus Auto Mattress are designed to provide optimal airflow within the mattress, maximising the efficacy of alternating therapy. The automatic calibration provides constant pressure adjustment according to the weight and position of the user.
How Does the Updated Domus Auto Differ to the Original?
The Domus Auto Pressure System with Heel Relief includes all of the great benefits of the original Domus Auto, but with added features to improve efficacy and user comfort. The new Domus Auto from Apex offers the following:
- Heel relief function to reduce pressure on the heels when individual cells are removed
- Increased user weight capacity of 250kg, compared to the 200kg allowance of the original system
- Twist CPR knob instead of the original pull tab for reduced risks of accidental triggering
These features combine to reduce pressure, increase safety, and enhance efficacy. Ultimately, they improve patient comfort and provide peace of mind for carers.
How Does Alternating Therapy Work?
The alternating air therapy setting of the Apex Domus works by inflating and deflating the air cells in sequence. This helps to mimic natural sleep, improving circulation and helping to avoid long-term pressurisation of tissue.
Is the Domus Auto Suitable for Static Use?
Yes, the Apex Domus Auto Pressure Mattress can be used for constant low pressure use in static mode. This reduces pressure by a third from alternating pressure relief, and helps to boost patient comfort.
Which Settings Should I Use?
The settings required will depend on the needs of each individual patient, as some will require more consistent alternating air pressure relief than others. The settings are as follows:
- Alternating: Air cells alternately inflate and deflate to allow pressure redistribution while encouraging tissue reperfusion.
- Max Firm: This static firm surface is ideal for nursing procedures. It automatically returns to Alternating mode after 20 minutes.
- Continuous Low Pressure (CLP): Also known as Constant Low Pressure, this mode provides lower pressure with a constant static surface.
- Seat Inflation with Alternating: This allows the patient to sit upright while receiving alternating air therapy.
- Seat Inflation with CLP: Patients can sit upright more comfortably while the system is in CLP mode.
How Hygienic Is the Domus Auto Mattress?
With a vapour-permeable cover, the Domus Auto is a hygienic option for pressure management, with welded seams for reduced fluid ingress. It is also water repellent, helping to keep the overlay protected in case of liquid spills or splashes.
How Safe Is the Pressure Mattress?
The Domus Auto Mattress has been designed to ensure patient safety, with alarms for power failure and low pressure. The CPR knob on the side of the mattress allows the mattress to be quickly deflated in case of emergency, while also designed to prevent accidental triggering. The cover of the mattress is flame resistant for added safety.
- Maximum Patient Weight: 250kg
- Mattress Weight: 5.6kg
- Mattress Dimensions (LxWxD): 200 x 80/85/90 x 12.7cm
- Cover Material: Four-way stretch
- Cell Material: Nylon TPU
- Pump Dimensions (LxWxD): 29 x 18.5 x 12.6cm
- Pump Weight: 2.2kg
- Pump Case Material: Flame retardant ABS
- Supply Voltage: AC 220 - 240V/50Hz;
- Flame Retardant Standard: EN 591-1, EN 591-2