Casa Elite Home Walnut Low Profiling Bed with Metal Side Rails
The four-section electric Casa Elite Home Walnut Low Profiling Bed with Metal Side Rails has been designed to reduce the risk of patients falling out of bed as much as possible. Not only can the bed be lowered much more closely to the ground than a standard profiling bed, but it also features side rails to further prevent patient falls.
Please note that the image above displays the bed in a beech wood. It is supplied here in a walnut wood finish.
- 1 x Casa Elite Home Profiling Bed
- 1 x Dipped Metal Side Rail Kit
- 1 x Nine-Button Handset
Please see further down the page for more information about Casa Elite beds with optional extras such as wooden covered ends. A Standard option of this Low bed is also available.
What Are the Benefits of the Casa Elite Low Profiling Bed?
Designed with community care in mind, the Casa Elite Low Profiling Bed offers a wide range of benefits to vulnerable users and patients with reduced mobility. Features and benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reduced Distance to the Floor: As the Low Profiling Bed can be lowered much more closely to the floor, it reduces the risk of vulnerable patients falling from bed at a greater height.
- Adjustable for User Comfort: The head, foot, and knee sections can all be adjusted to improve comfort for the user, as well as minimising risks of pressure sores and other conditions caused by lying in the same position for any length of time.
- Easier Access for Carers: The bed can be raised or lowered to a height that makes it easier for a carer to help to manoeuvre or assist the user. This improves safety for both the carer and the patient.
- Stylish Wooden Finish: With an attractive wooden finish, the bed will blend in well with virtually any decor without looking too clinical. This in turn can boost the atmosphere in which the patient is likely to spend a lot of time.
- Hygienic Platform: The slatted bed platform is easy to clean, helping to improve infection control. The slats also reduce the amount of dirt gathered beneath the bed when compared to a solid base.
- Cardiac Chair Position for Improved Interaction: When the patient is sitting upright in the cardiac chair position, it helps to boost their interaction with the environment around them. This is ideal for individuals who are unable to leave their bed to sit in a chair.
- Easy-to-Use Electric Design: There's no need to worry about fiddly switches or settings; the Casa Elite includes a nine-button controller as standard, allowing you to adjust the position of the bed at the touch of a button.
- Medical Device Compliance for Peace of Mind: Offering assurance that your loved one will be spending time in a quality certified bed, the Casa Elite products are complaint to EN 60601-1-11, EN 60601-1-1, and EN 60601-2-52. Please see further down the page for more information about what these standards mean.
What's the Benefit of a Low Profiling Bed?
While all profiling beds are designed to improve safety for users, a low profiling bed allows the height of the bed to be lowered much more closely to the ground. This vastly reduces the distance between the bed and the floor, in turn reducing the risk of patients falling from the bed at a great height.
Who Can Use the Casa Elite Low Bed?
The Casa Elite Low Bed is designed for patients and individuals within community care. For anybody who is nursed in bed or who is facing reduced mobility either in the comfort of their own home or in a care setting, the four-section adjustments of the bed can help to improve comfort and safety while reducing risks of health complications, and the cardiac chair position can bolster interactivity for individuals who may otherwise not be able to partake in activities elsewhere.
Where Can the Casa Elite Profiling Bed Be Used?
Designed specifically for use within the community care sector, the Casa Elite Profiling Bed is an ideal choice for individuals who are able to be cared for in the comfort of their own home. With an easy-to-use design and improved safety for both carer and patient, the profiling bed is a great option both for home nursing and care environments such as care homes or hospices.
What Are the Benefits of the Metal Side Rails?
The full-length dipped metal two-bar side rails improve patient safety by minimising the risk of them falling out of the bed. As the metal rails can be lowered for ingress and egress, they also improve safety for carers assisting patients with getting in and out of bed.
How Easy to Install Is the Bed?
The bed facilitates single-person installation. Each bed section weighs below 25kg, designed for safer moving and handling. For more information about installation, please see the Casa Elite Profiling Bed user manual below.
|User Manual |
Please note that bed installation is not provided as standard.
How Can a Profiling Bed Boost Interaction?
Although individuals who are not confined to bed for most of the day may feel comfortable enough being propped up on pillows, this inclined position does not facilitate boosted interaction. As the Casa Elite Bed can be adjusted into the cardiac chair position, the individual is able to sit much more upright, allowing them to partake in activities, converse with loved ones, and enjoy their meals with ease.
Which Mattresses Can I Use with the Casa Elite Profiling Bed?
For optimal comfort and compatibility, we recommend the following mattresses for use with your Casa Elite Profiling Bed:
Which Medical Device Certifications Does the Casa Elite Bed Comply To?
Offering peace of mind that your loved one or patient will be spending time in a quality reliable profiling bed, the Casa Elite Profiling Bed conforms to the following standards:
- EN 60601-1-11* Medical electrical equipment - Part 1-11 - Requirements for medical electrical equipment and medical electrical systems used in the home healthcare environment (*Type B parts compliant)
- EN 60601-1 Medical electrical equipment - Part 1 - General requirements for basic safety and essential performance
- EN 60601-2-52 Medical electrical equipment - Part 2-52 - Particular requirements for basic safety and essential performance of medical beds.
What Other Casa Elite Beds Are Available?
If you're looking for a profile bed with added accessories and optional extras designed to boost patient comfort and safety, you might find what you're looking for in our Casa Elite Profiling Beds category. You'll also find both standard and low versions of the profiling beds in a range of wooden finishes.
See the Casa Elite Profiling Beds for Yourself
Watch the video below to find out more about the Casa Elite Home and Casa Elite Care Home Profiling Beds range and see them up close.
- Maximum User Weight: 165kg (26 stone)
- Maximum Safe Working Load: 200kg (31.5 stone)
- Overall Bed Dimensions:
- Bed Width: 102.5cm
- Bed Length: 214cm
- Overall Platform Dimensions:
- Platform Width: 90.7cm
- Platform Length: 200.2cm
- Mattress Platform Height: 19.2 - 61.2cm
- Underbed Clearance for Hoist: 15cm
- Trendelenburg Tilt: 11° (+/-1°)
- Product Parts on Transport Stand: 66kg