Invacare Octave Bariatric Profiling Bed
Profiling beds provide an excellent way to increase comfort and ease of care for patients and carers alike, but for larger patients more robust and supportive beds must be used. The Invacare Octave Bariatric Profiling Bed is an ideal choice for a bariatric patient, with fully electrical four-section profiling, easy access and a Scandinavian design that will fit well into any bedroom interior. The frameless construction makes transfers in and out of the bed simple, while the bed ends can be detached independently for easy access to the head and feet.
This bed is available with or without wooden side rails. Select your desired option using the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Robust profiling bed suitable for bariatric users
- Features a safe working load up to 385kg (60 stone)
- Stylish Scandinavian design to fit into most home environments
- Frame extends to the edges of bed base for enhanced support
- Design provides easy side access to facilitate transfer for carers and patients
- Easy-to-use handset allows the client to operate bed's height and profiling functions
- Heavy duty motor is powerful enough for smooth profiling yet almost silent in operation
- Simple to set up and transport to new locations
- Full delivery and installation service available
- Available with or without wooden side rails
Delivery and Installation Service
The price above includes kerbside delivery to your chosen location only. For delivery to your location, installation and a demonstration on proper operation, select the "Profiling Bed Delivery and Installation" option at the top of the page.
Silent Electric Profiling Operation
For greater comfort, the height and angle of the profile can be controlled by the patient with a hand-held remote control. The profile angle is controlled by heavy-duty motors to ensure a smooth transition. These motors, despite being highly robust, are almost silent and will not disturb the patient when being operated.
Enhanced User Support
This bed has been designed specifically for the bariatric user, and so the bed frame extends to the edges of the base. This means support is found across the whole of the bed. Since the support extends all the way to the edges of the bed, it makes transfers easier as the mattress will not dip with the movement of the patient.
Stylish Scandinavian Design
Care environments can sometimes be intimidating for patients, with most equipment designed with a cold appearance. This profiling bed is made with an attractive Scandinavian design, creating a more homely feel and fitting into any home or bedroom interior.
The Octave's Scandinavian design fits seamlessly into any home interior
Easy Transportation and Assembly
Despite the bed being of a substantial size, it is easy to assemble and just as easy to transport. If transportation is needed, dismounting and disassembly can be carried out in minutes, allowing for safe and simple movement between locations.
- Width outside: 119cm
- Length outside: 221cm
- Length inside: 207cm
- Height adjustable: 40 - 80cm
- Total height: 172 - 212cm
- Four-section mattress support dimensions: 81 - 34 - 33 - 52cm
- Backrest angle: 0 - 57°
- Thigh angle: 0 - 30°
- Legrest lift: 0 - 30°
- Steel components: 180kg
- Wooden components: 199kg
- Safe working load: 385kg (60 stone)
- Maximum user weight: 350kg (56 stone)
Additional Information for the Invacare Octave Bariatric Profiling Bed
- Warranty: 3 year warranty
- Complies to the international safety standard IEC 60601-2-52
Please note: This bed is not suitable for use by patients under 12 years of age, or by those with the body size equivalent to an average 12 year old or smaller.