Onyx Two Coccyx Pressure Relief Cushion
Pressure-relieving cushions are crucial to ensuring that patients avoid the development of pressure sores after longer periods of sitting, but standard cushions will often provide insufficient relief to one of the most vulnerable areas: the coccyx. The Onyx Two Coccyx Pressure Relief Cushion is designed with castellated CMHR foam to provide effective pressure relief, and features a removable coccyx area to provide full pressure relief to the area when needed. Supplied with a soft touch waterproof cover and suitable for medium risk users, this cushion is ideal for wheelchairs and day care chairs alike.
Key Features and Benefits
- Castellated CMHR foam provides effective pressure relief for medium risk users
- Castellations allow the foam to move with the user to reduce shear
- Removable coccyx area allows for full coccyx pressure relief when needed
- Works to reduce shear and friction to improve comfort
- Waterproof and vapour-permeable cover provides protection from fluid ingress
- Maximum user weight of 140kg (22 stone) is suitable for most users
- Available in four sizes, with a choice of two depths to suit patients of differing weights
Medium-Risk Pressure Relief
Made with either 5cm or 8cm thick castellated CMHR foam, the Onyx Two Coccyx Cushion provides a great level of pressure relief and distribution, suitable for individuals at medium risk of pressure ulcers. As well as providing even pressure reduction, the cushion has also been developed to reduce shear and friction, providing a comfortable seating surface that greatly reduces pressure ulcer risk.
Coccyx Pressure Relief
The coccyx area is one of the most vulnerable sections of the body for pressure sore development, so extra measures must often be taken to ensure it remains healthy. The removable coccyx insert of this cushion is just such a measure, allowing full pressure relief for the coccyx area when required. Made with the same high quality foam as the rest of this cushion, the insert makes the cushion a versatile and formidable pressure relief tool for chairs and wheelchairs.
Comfortable, Protective Cover Included
To help keep your cushion safe and to maintain hygiene, a waterproof, vapour-permeable cover is included. This makes it easy for you to prevent fluid ingress and decontaminate the cushion after use.
As well as providing protection, the cover also features a two-way stretch design. This helps to reduce shear and friction even further, making it incredibly comfortable for the user.
Non-Slip Base for Stability
Stability is a primary concern for any wheelchair user, and wheelchair cushions must be designed to stay put in the chair during all activities. The Onyx cushion is designed with a non-slip base, ensuring it won't slip around to provide maximum stability in use.
- Pressure relief category: Medium risk
- Maximum user weight:
- Depth of 5cm (2"): 95kg (15 stone)
- Depth of 8cm (3"): 140kg (22 stone)
- Warranty: Two years
- Cushion weight: 1.5kg
- Fatigue class: Severe
- Cover cleaning temperature: Up to 80°C
- Fire retardancy: BS7177 (Crib 5 Composite)