Pelvic Obliquity Pad for the Matrx Flo-Tech Solution Xtra Wheelchair Cushion
The Matrx Flo-tech Solution Xtra Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is unique in that it offers a number of contoured positioning accessories, helping it to correct common postural problems while assisting in pressure relief. This Pelvic Obliquity Pad is one such accessory, and is designed to be placed in the cushion's ischial well to correct pelvic obliquities.
What's the Purpose of the Pelvic Obliquity Pad?
A pelvic obliquity occurs when an individual's pelvis is positioned asymmetrically, causing postural issues. When placed under the ischial well underneath the Solution Xtra Cushion's gel pad, this accessory can help to align the pelvis and correct pelvic obliquity.
What Other Modular Positioning Options Are Available?
There are a number of modular positioning options that can be added to the Flo-Tech Solution Xtra cushion. Many of these accessories can be seen in use with the cushion the image below. These options include:
- Hip Aligner: Can be placed on either side on the rear edge of the cushion, either unilaterally or bilaterally, to encourage mid-lining and hip alignment
- Thigh Aligner: Can be placed on either side at the front of the femoral shelf, unilaterally or bilaterally, to reduce external rotation and abduction of the thighs
- Pommel (Standard or Deep): Placed at the front of the cushion to increase existing pommel height
- Rigidiser: Placed under the whole cushion (including wedges) to maintain a firm base on sling canvases
- Fluid Sac: Can be inserted into the ischial well where required to prevent forward sliding, reduce sacral pressure and help mild pelvic obliquity
- Wedges (Front, Side and Lateral): Placed under cushion to assist with pelvic stability and anterior tilt
How Do I Keep the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Hygienic?
As with all other Flo-tech cushions, the foam of this cushion has been treated with Ultra-fresh. This is an antimicrobial treatment that helps to make the cushion more resistant to the growth of odour-causing bacteria to provide longer-lasting freshness.
- The Matrx Flo-tech Cushion is washable and should be hand-washed with soap and water
- The cushion should not be machine washed
- Maximum cleaning temperature is 80°C