Repose Contur Riser Recliner Pressure Relief Overlay
If you sit for prolonged periods of time, you may be at risk of developing pressure ulcers and pressure-related tissue damage. The Repose Contur Riser Recliner Pressure Relief Overlay has been designed to improve comfort and redistribute pressure when you're seated in a recliner chair, relying on inflatable air cells to reduce your risk of pressure sore development.
What's Included with the Contur Riser Recliner Overlay?
The following items are included:
Can I Use the Repose Contur Overlay?
This Repose Contur Overlay is suitable if you're at risk or very high risk of developing pressure ulcers. It provides effective pressure redistribution to prevent pressure ulcers, and is designed to improve your comfort when seated in a riser recliner chair.
This pressure cushion for rise recliner chair use is also suitable for users with pressure-related tissue damage, though clinical supervision is recommended for more severe damage. The overlay is suitable for bearing weight of up to 139kg.
How Does the Repose Contur Overlay Relieve Pressure?
Low air technology in the cushion distributes weight and pressure evenly without losing shape. All Repose products feature Smart Valve Technology, which automatically ensures the cushion inflates to the optimal pressure. This pressure has been demonstrated over time to be the optimal balance between comfort and efficacy for pressure ulcer prevention and treatment.
Will the Repose Contur Overlay Fit My Chair?
The Repose Contur Pressure Relief Overlay has been designed to fit most standard riser recliner chairs. The overlay features the following measurements:
- Inflated Back Section (LxWxH): 745 x 490 x 50mm
- Inflated Seat Section (LxWxH): 425 x 490 x 50 mm
- Inflated Leg Section (LxWxH): 480 x 490 x 50mm
Is the Pump Included with the Contur Pressure Relief Overlay?
The pump is included with the Contur Pressure Relief Overlay. This way, you can inflate your Contur overlay and attach it to your recliner chair quickly and easily as soon as it arrives with you!
How Quickly Does the Contur Overlay Inflate?
When inflated with the pump, the Repose Contur Pressure Relief Overlay inflates in a matter of minutes. As soon as it's inflated, you're ready to attach the overlay to your chair.
How Do I Fit the Contur Overlay to My Chair?
There are three steps to preparing and fitting your Contur Overlay:
- Inflate the inner section. This is done by connecting the valve on the pump to the valve on the overlay, and inflating until you head air exhausting from the pump valve.
- Affix the Contur cover. Lay the Contur cover with the zip side up, fold the Contur inflatable section lengthways, and insert it into the cover. Before zipping, ensure that the blue side is facing up and that the valve is at the head end.
- Strap the Contur securely in place. Place the Instructions side of the Contur against the chair, and loop the fixing straps around the foot rest and between the arm rests, looping them around the back of the chair. Cross the fixing straps, clip them into place, then adjust accordingly.
Please view the fitting instructions manual in the PDF below. There you will find visual diagrams to assist with fitting your Contur Overlay to your recliner chair.
|Contur Overlay Fitting Instructions |
Can I Use the Repose Pressure Relief Overlay When Lying Down?
The Repose Contur Overlay is recommended primarily for use in a riser recliner chair. For pressure relief while lying down, we recommend the Repose Mattress Pressure Relief Overlay if you are at high risk of pressure ulcer development when in bed.
Does the Repose Contur Overlay Prevent Slipping?
Yes, the Repose Contur Overlay prevents slipping. It features a high-grip surface to ensure safe use while seated on the overlay.
How Do I Wash the Repose Contur Overlay?
The Repose Contur Overlay can be wiped down with soap or detergent and water. Please allow the Contur Overlay to dry before use or storage.
The Contur cover, once removed from the inflatable section, can be unzipped and turned inside out. It can then be machine washed at 60°C, and then allowed to dry before use or storage.
Can I Buy a Spare Contur Cover?
Yes! If you'd like to continue to use your Repose Contur Overlay while washing your existing Contur cover, you can purchase a spare Contur cover to ensure you can continue to receive the benefits of the Contur. Please see the PDF below for full washing instructions.
|Repose Contur Washing Instructions |
Is the Repose Contur Overlay Latex Free?
The Repose Contur Overlay is latex free. This makes it ideal if you suffer from latex allergies or find latex-based products uncomfortable or irritating.
Is the Repose Contur Overlay Fire Resistant?
The Repose Contur Overlay has been tested to conform with BS: 7175 Crib Test 5 (Methods of test for the ignitability of bed covers and pillows by smouldering and flaming ignition sources).
What Do I Do If My Overlay Gets a Puncture?
While it's rare that a Repose overlay develops a puncture, in the unlikely event of a puncture occurring in your overlay we recommend that you replace the Contur with a new one. There is no evidence to suggest that the same level of support is provided if Repose products are used after a puncture is repaired.
Am I Eligible for VAT Relief?
You may be eligible for VAT relief with the Repose Contur Riser Recliner Overlay. Please see our VAT tab at the top of this product listing for more information.
What Makes the Repose Contur Overlay Stand Out?
The following key features and benefits of the Repose Contur Overlay make it one of our top pressure relief cushion for recliner chair recommendations:
- Ideal if you're at risk to very high risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Effective pressure redistribution to prevent pressure ulcers
- Redistributes pressure across the whole surface for at-risk areas of the body
- Key targeted areas for pressure relief include sacrum, buttocks, scapulae, vertebrae, shoulders, and back of the head
- Designed for use when seated in a riser recliner chair
- Adjustable straps for a secure fit on a range of recliner chair sizes
- Specially formulated to resist chemical disinfectants, particularly chlorine
- Added protection against fluid ingress with integral cover flap on zip
- Improves comfort from pressure-related tissue damage (supervision advised for severe damage)
- Evenly distributes weight and pressure without losing shape
- Smart Valve Technology ensures optimal inflation for maximum comfort and pressure ulcer prevention
- Inflates in seconds with the provided pump for quick and convenient use as a pressure cushion for rise recliners
- High-grip surface area prevents slipping for safer use
- Latex-free pressure relief chair overlay for improved comfort and versatility
- Inner section suitable for wiping down clean; removable cover is machine washable at 60°C
- Tested to conform with BS: 7175 Crib Test 5 (Methods of test for the ignitability of bed covers and pillows by smouldering and flaming ignition sources)
- Accommodates user weight of up to 139kg
Please note that, if deterioration in skin is noted, clinical advice should be sought and, if so advised, the use of the product discontinued. This product is not suitable for individuals with unstable spinal fractures.