Sidhil Acclaim VE Junior Paediatric Pressure Relief Mattress
For children and smaller patients in care environments, providing maximum comfort and pressure distribution is crucial for the prevention of pressure sores. The Sidhil Acclaim VE Junior Paediatric Pressure Relief Mattress is made with castellated viscoelastic foam to provide excellent weight distribution, and is supplied in a smaller size designed to fit the Sidhil Bradshaw Junior Paediatric Profiling Bed.
- 1 x Pressure relief mattress
- 1 x Waterproof and vapour-permeable cover
Please note: While the image above shows the mattress in use with the Sidhil Bradshaw Junior Bed, the product sold on this page includes the mattress and cover only.
Who Can Use the Sidhil Acclaim Junior Pressure Care Mattress?
This mattress provides weight distribution that will reduce the occurrence of high pressure zones around bony prominences, making it ideal for low mobility patients. As it is supplied in a smaller size than standard mattresses, it is suited to smaller and paediatric profiling beds.
Which Beds Is the Mattress Suitable For?
With a smaller size of 190 x 78.5cm, this mattress is suited for use with smaller profiling beds. It is ideally suited to the Sidhil Bradshaw Junior Paediatric Profiling Bed.
Features and Benefits
- Mattress to provide excellent pressure distribution and comfort
- Suitable for use with paediatric profiling beds like the Sidhil Bradshaw Junior Paediatric Profiling Bed
- Made with multiple layers of viscoelastic foam for high levels of comfort
- Pressure relieving foam section in centre can be easily replaced
- Castellated viscoelastic foam reduces shear and friction forces on the skin
- Two-way turning capability increases durability by evenly distributing wear and tear
- 'U' foam construction of side walls adds stability, especially during transfers
- Includes a two-way stretch polyurethane cover for added protection
- Vapour-permeable and waterproof cover protects from spills and accidents
Reinforced Side Walls for Easy Transfers
This mattress features a 'U' foam construction, meaning that it includes dense foam side walls that increase stability. These side walls help to address the main problems during transfers, as they allow a certain level of rigidity to be retain to prevent instability while the patient is moved. These side walls will also help the mattress to retain its shape during and after profiling.
What Is the Benefit of Castellated Foam?
This mattress is made with castellated viscoelastic foam across the entire support surface, meaning the foam is made with slits that allow independent movement of small sections. This castellated helps the mattress to move with the skin of the patient, reducing the shear and friction forces that can exacerbate pressure sore risk. The castellations also enhance the airflow through the mattress, which can help to reduce overheating and moisture risk.
Waterproof Cover Included
In order to protect the integrity of this mattress's foam, it is supplied complete with a waterproof, vapour-permeable cover. The cover is made from multi-stretch PU-coated fabric, allowing it to protect the mattress while remaining comfortable for the user. The multi-stretch material allows the cover to move with the patient, helping to reduce shear and friction forces that can exacerbate pressure sore risk.
User Instruction Manual
Click the link below for a PDF version of the instruction manual advising on the proper use of this mattress.
- Maximum user weight: 178kg
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 190 x 78.5 x 14cm
- Turning cycle: Two way
- Warranty: Five years