Stratus Alternating Air Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion (Without Pump)
Patients at risk of pressure sores will require a pressure-relieving cushion to distribute their weight evenly, but static foam cushions often won't provide sufficient relief. The Stratus Alternating Air Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion (Without Pump) has been designed for those at a high to very high risk of developing pressure sores, combining a foam pad and alternating air cells encased in soft multi-spandex for excellent pressure relief, shear reduction and comfort.
- Ideal for those at high to very high risk of pressure sores
- Combines foam with alternating air cells for stability and comfort
- Perfect for use in a wheelchair or other type of chair
- Foam at front edge increases overall height
- Scalloping for extra leg comfort
- Supplied with water-resistant, vapour-permeable cover
- Cushion allows cushion to breathe while minimising shear
- Parallel cells inflate alternately every four to six minutes
- Automatically re-positions you in your chair
- Allows blood to circulate to the skin
- Reduces risk of decubitus pressure ulcers forming
How Does an Air Alternating Cushion Work?
The Pressure Relief Cushion (Without Pump) is designed with a number of parallel cells that inflate alternatively every four to six minutes. Owing to their alternating layout, the cushion automatically re-positions you so that blood can circulate properly to the skin. This helps reduce the risk of decubitus pressure sores forming.
Supplied Without the Pump
This particular version of the Stratus Alternating Air Cushion is supplied without a pump and provides the cushion only. This is useful if you require a replacement cushion but don't need an extra pump. If you would prefer the cushion with the pump, the Stratus Alternating Air Pressure Relief Cushion System is available to purchase separately.
Ideal for Respite Relief
The Stratus Alternating Air Cushion provides pressure relief to the buttocks. This makes it ideal for patients who need to be transferred to a chair for respite relief from their bed. The cushion features a foam layer at the front edge of the cushion, as well as scalloping for improved comfort to the legs.
Suitable for Use at Home or in Care Settings
The Alternating Air Pressure Relief Cushion is suitable for use in both domestic and professional care environments. This means that even when you're attending hospital appointments, you don't have to suffer from the build-up of pressure on the buttocks.
Supplied with Waterproof Cover
With its water-resistant and vapour-permeable cover, the Stratus Alternating Air Cushion is a convenient and hygienic solution to your needs. The design of the cushion helps prevent painful rashes or ulcers forming on your skin, while remaining breathable throughout use.
- Weight Capacity: 18.9 stone (120kg)
- Number of Cells: 6
- Alternating Cells: AB
- Cell and Foam Combination
- Foam Depth: 4cm
- Easy-to-Use Pipe Connectors
- Risk Category: Treatment High 1-2-3-4
- Cover Material: Multi-Spandex
- Cover Fixing Method: Zipper
- Vapour Permeable
- Water Resistant
- Approval Rating: CE (94/42/EEC) MDD
- Dimensions: 43 x 43 x 10cm
Pressure Relief Category
The pressure relief rating is for guidance only and does not constitute a medical opinion. Please consult your GP, consultant or physiotherapist in order to obtain a medical opinion as to which pressure relief cushion is most suitable for your requirements before purchasing. A pressure relief cushion is not an alternative to appropriate nursing care, but should instead be used as a part of a wider care system