Systam Memory Foam Pressure Relief Heel Support
For patients with normal or slightly limited levels of mobility, friction between their heel and bed can contribute to the development of pressure sores over time. The Systam Memory Foam Pressure Relief Heel Support is made with fabric coated with bi-stretch polyurethane, reducing friction, shear effects and the subsequent pressure sores that they can cause.
- Provides effective pressure relief for the heels and feet
- Made from viscoelastic foam with a memory foam effect
- For agitated patients or those subject to constant limb movement
- Prevents pressure sores resulting from friction between the heel and bed
- Hollow forefoot diverts pressure to the surrounding low-risk areas
- Heel area is hollowed out to provide protection from friction
- Achilles tendon is protected by side supports which direct pressure away
- Supplied with a two-way stretch, vapour permeable cover
- Cover is waterproof to protect against fluids and spills
- Washable at 90°C. Can also be decontaminated using cold sprays
- Treated to resist fire to meet fire safety regulations
- Dimensions: 550 x 25 x 75mm
This pressure relieving heel support sets itself apart from the competition with its intelligently designed core, with a number of unique benefits. The sides of the forefoot are hollowed out, diverting pressure towards the surrounding areas that are less susceptible to pressure sores.
The heel area is also hollowed out, providing excellent protection against friction. Finally, the Achilles tendon is protected by side supports, directing pressure toward the lower-risk retromalleolar regions. The flexible supportive action of the support is demonstrated in the graphic below.
Unlike most systems attached to lower limbs using belts and Velcro fasteners, the Systam Memory Foam Pressure Relief Heel Support is entirely protected by a cover and features a particularly comfortable and easily adjustable attachment system. This system offers sustainable support, maintaining the device in the right position and making it exceptionally easy to apply.
Indications of the Systam Memory Foam Heel Support
The Systam Memory Foam Pressure Relief Heel Support is particularly well suited to patients with normal or slightly limited mobility. It is also ideal for the prevention of pressure sore development in agitated patients or those subject to constant movement of the lower limbs.
When placed into this support system, the heel sinks into the memory foam, which reduces pressure peaks in high risk areas. This action makes this heel support perfect for a wide array of users, in addition to those mentioned above.