Systam Viscoflex Pressure Relief Memory Foam Mattress
For patients who spend long stretches of time in bed, pressure sores can develop without the use of a proper pressure-relieving mattress. The Systam Viscoflex Pressure Relief Memory Foam Mattress uses multiple layers of viscoelastic and memory foam to prevent these sores, making it suitable for use by patients at high to very high risk of developing pressure ulcers.
- Suitable for patients at high to very high risk of developing pressure sores
- Uses viscoelastic foam to mould to the shape of the patient's body
- Memory foam helps improve comfort and pressure relieving properties
- High-resiliency foam base layer prevents mattress bottoming out or splitting
- Better pressure distribution reduces trans-cutaneous pressure and improves circulation
- Moulded foam with skin effect to resist tearing and crumbling
- Anatomically shaped insert to reduce sacral pressure and sores
- Suitable for use with fully profiling beds
- Equipped with advanced Visco Foam materials (80kg/m³)
- Anti-punching insert made of high resilience foam
- Multi-material stratification for perfect adhesion
- Equipped with vapour permeable waterproof cover
- Dimensions: 2000 x 900 x 140mm
- Maximum patient weight: 130kg (20.5 stone)
Moulding Visco Foam Top Layer
While many pressure relief mattresses are suited to only a certain type of patient, the Visco Foam used in this mattress automatically moulds to the shape of the user's body, providing a personalised pressure relief experience every time. This foam is specially designed to provide excellent pressure distribution, reducing trans-cutaneous pressure while improving circulation. This memory foam effect improves the overall comfort of the mattress, while boosting its pressure relieving properties.
Anatomically Shaped Visco Foam Core
This mattress is equipped with a high resiliency foam core made with Visco Foam to provide comfort and prevent a sagging effect in the centre. This Visco Foam is anatomically shaped, resulting in better support of the sacrum area, which increases the contact surface area with the mattress. The increased surface area contributes to a reduction in the maximum pressure felt by the patient and the prevention of sacral-region pressure sores.
Since the core of this mattress combines a number of different pressure-relieving materials, it provides perfect adhesion, which thereby increases the longevity of the mattress. This adhesion means that over time this mattress will not split, not require any glues or solvents and provide perfect adherence of the two materials for guaranteed long-term pressure relief.
Tested for Fire Safety
All Systam products have been tested for fire safety under BS 7177:2008 for resistance to ignition. This includes tests in accordance with BS EN 597-1, BS EN 597-2 and BS 6807.