Alerta Sensaflo Hybrid Foam, Gel and Air Pressure Relief Mattress System
Patients who are at significant risk of pressure sore development may have complex care needs, so pressure relief systems must be as adaptable as possible. The Alerta Sensaflo Hybrid Foam, Gel and Air Pressure Relief Mattress System combines high-specification foam with alternating air cells, a gel-filled heel pressure relief area, and an integral evacuation system to provide a truly comprehensive pressure relief solution. Suitable for hospital, nursing and care home environments, this mattress is recommended for those at very high pressure sore risk when used with the included pump.
- Suitable for those at very high risk of pressure sore development
- Combines foam and air cells with a gel-filled heel pressure relief area
- Built-in Alerta Evacuation System with handles and straps for safe movement
- Can change between a foam and alternating air system without moving patient
- Can be used as a static foam mattress when disconnected from Pearl pump
- Foam-filled air cells are self-adjusting when connected to Pearl pump
- Air cells are contained within a dense foam perimeter for stability
- Side sections are cut to allow for easy profiling
- Head section is castellated to provide extra comfort
- Heel zone features removable gel cells for extra pressure relief
- Supplied with a multi-stretch water-resistant cover
- Supplied with the Alerta Pearl Pump
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 198 x 90 x 15cm
- Maximum load capacity: 250kg
- Minimum load capacity: 30kg
Combined Foam and Air Pressure Relief
This system boasts the unique ability to change between a static foam mattress and a balanced-air self-adjusting air mattress – all without having to remove the patient from bed. The air cells are filled with foam, allowing them to change their pressure when needed to combine the properties of foam and air pressure distribution. The air cells are contained within a dense foam perimeter, creating stability and making side transfers as smooth as possible.
Use With or Without Pump
This mattress includes air tube housing, allowing the mattress to be used as a high-specification foam mattress without a pump to provide pressure relief for high risk patients. When combined with the included Alerta Pearl Pump, this mattress boasts balanced-air self-adjusting capabilities, boosting it to a very high risk pressure relief level.
Integral Evacuation System
Every care facility needs to be able to safely evacuate all vulnerable patients in the event of an emergency, which often involves a difficult transfer from their pressure relief mattress to an evacuation mattress. To greatly enhance patient safety, the Alerta Sensaflo Hybrid features a built-in Alerta Evacuation System, complete with handles and straps to allow immediate evacuation. This means that carers can safely evacuate their patient without the need for a transfer beforehand.
Heel Pressure Relief
The heels are one of the most vulnerable areas of the body to pressure sores, so special measures must be taken to protect them. This mattress includes an adaptable heel zone with individually-removable gel heel pads, allowing carers to reduce the level of pressure on their patient's heels as needed.
Antimicrobial, Water-Resistant Cover Included
To protect the mattress in cases of spills of incontinence, it is provided with a multi-stretch, water-resistant cover. This cover is made with a vapour-permeable PU, allowing air flow between the mattress and patient while providing both comfort and protection.