Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
For those that require constant pressure relief, getting out into the world for extended periods can be difficult, as dynamic wheelchair pressure relief systems are often cumbersome with short usage times away from mains power. The Apex Sedens 500 Pressure Relief Alternating Air Wheelchair Cushion is designed to solve this problem, providing dynamic alternating relief powered by a compact lithium battery that provides up to 12 hours of pressure relief. Featuring an alternating one-in-two cell cycle for excellent sacral relief, this cushion can provide users at high risk of pressure sores with the freedom to go about their daily life in comfort.
- Alternating pressure relief cushion suitable for high risk users
- Powered by a compact lithium-ion battery with up to 12 hours of battery life
- Pump is compact and lightweight to easily fit on most wheelchairs
- Includes an integral foam insert to support the thigh area
- Helps to provide freedom of movement to those who require pressure relief
- Designed to be suitable for use with most types of wheelchair
- Dynamic air cells alternate in a one-in-two cycle for active relief
- Provides excellent support and relief for the sacral area
- Supplied with a two-way stretch cover with a non-slip base
- Alarms to alert of low pressure and low battery status
- Adjustable cycle time length to provide optimised care for each user
- Easy to use with an intuitive weight setting function
- Offers a static mode for use with minimal battery power
Freedom and Pressure Relief
Since this system can provide 12 hours of dynamic pressure relief on a single charge, users will be able to experience top quality relief wherever they are. This capability makes the Sedens 500 a powerful tool for wheelchair users, allowing them to get on with their day without worrying about vulnerability to pressure sore development.
Alternating Air Therapy
The four alternating air cells in the Sedens 500 Cushion operate with a one-in-two cell cycle, providing optimal pressure relief for the vulnerable sacral area. Cycle times are adjustable to 10, 15 or 20 minutes to ensure each user can optimise their care to their personal needs. The cushion also includes a static function, allowing the cushion to be used with minimal drain on battery life.
The alternating air cells of the Sedens 500 are surrounded by contoured foam to support the thigh area
Compact and Lightweight Pump
To ensure easy storage on any wheelchair, this system's pump is made to be as lightweight and compact as possible. This means that it will fit onto the back of the user's wheelchair without disruption to movement or comfort, making pressure relief more accessible than it's ever been before.
Protective Cover Included
This cushion is supplied with a protective nylon PU cover, made with two-way stretch material for reduction of friction and shear forces. The cover is made with a non-slip base to ensure stability, and includes a removable top and bottom section for easy cleaning and infection control.
- Cushion Dimensions (WxLxD): 43 x 43 x 10cm
- Maximum user weight: 120kg
- Cell height: 6cm
- Cushion weight: 1.11kg
- Flame retardancy: EN597 - 1 and EN597 - 2
- Pump dimensions (WxLxD): 25 x 12.5 x 5.7cm
- Pump weight: 0.96kg
- Power supply: DC 12V, 12.5A by adaptor, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Cycle time: 10, 15 or 20 minutes