Apex Sedens 500 Portable Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion (Care Home Pack of 5)
Care homes and other medical facilities will often cater to multiple patients in wheelchairs for hours in the day, and providing effective pressure sore prevention to all these patients can be costly. The Apex Sedens 500 Pressure Relief Alternating Air Wheelchair Cushion (Care Home Pack of 5) is designed to solve this problem, supplying five cushions at a reduced cost that will offer dynamic alternating relief powered by a compact lithium battery that provides up to 12 hours of pressure relief.
- 5 x Wheelchair cushion
- 5 x Wheelchair cushion cover
- 5 x Battery-powered pump
- 5 x Pump charging cable
- 5 x Pump carry bag
- 5 x User manual
Bulk Pack of Five at a Reduced Cost
While the Sedens 500 is designed as an affordable wheelchair cushion for high risk pressure sore prevention, additional delivery and manufacturing costs make ordering many separate cushions less than cost effective. This Care Home Pack of 5 combines multiple cushions into a single order, providing a greatly reduced cost for each individual cushion. This is an ideal option for care homes or other medical facilities that may have to repeatedly order pressure care cushions for their patients.
Who Can Benefit from the Sedens 500 Cushion?
With a one-in-two cell alternating air cycle that provides excellent sacral region relief, this cushion is ideal for wheelchair users at high risk of pressure sores. This goes beyond the relief provided by most foam pressure relief cushions, finally allowing wheelchair users to take top-quality pressure care with them on the go.
Freedom and Pressure Relief
Since this system can provide 12 hours of dynamic pressure relief on a single charge, users will be able to experience top quality relief wherever they are. This capability makes the Sedens 500 a powerful tool for wheelchair users, allowing them to get on with their day without worrying about vulnerability to pressure sore development.
Alternating Air Therapy
The four alternating air cells in the Sedens 500 Cushion operate with a one-in-two cell cycle, providing optimal pressure relief for the vulnerable sacral area. Cycle times are adjustable to 10, 15 or 20 minutes to ensure each user can optimise their care to their personal needs. The cushion also includes a static function, allowing the cushion to be used with minimal drain on battery life.
The alternating air cells of the Sedens 500 are surrounded by contoured foam to support the thigh area
Compact and Lightweight Pump
To ensure easy storage on any wheelchair, this system's pump is made to be as lightweight and compact as possible. This means that it will fit onto the back of the user's wheelchair without disruption to movement or comfort, making pressure relief more accessible than it's ever been before.
Protective Cover Included
This cushion is supplied with a protective nylon PU cover, made with two-way stretch material for reduction of friction and shear forces. The cover is made with a non-slip base to ensure stability, and includes a removable top and bottom section for easy cleaning and infection control.
Can I Used the Cushion While Plugged In?
Yes, the cushion can be used and will be fully operational while plugged in. This allows you to use the Sedens 500 while charging to ensure there are no gaps in seated pressure relief.
Which Wheelchairs Can the Cushion Be Used With?
The Apex Sedens Cushion can be used with virtually any wheelchair. This includes those with fabric or canvas seat bases, as well as those with a firm or solid seat base. It can also be used with self-propelled, manual, electric and transit wheelchairs.
Can The Sedens Cushion Be Used with Recliner Chairs?
Yes, this cushion is highly versatile thanks to its non-slip base, allowing it be used with a wide variety of chairs including rise recliners.
- Bulk pack of 5 cushions supplied at a reduced cost per cushion
- Alternating pressure relief cushion suitable for high risk users
- Powered by a compact lithium-ion battery with up to 12 hours of battery life
- Pump is compact and lightweight to easily fit on most wheelchairs
- Includes an integral foam insert to support the thigh area
- Helps to provide freedom of movement to those who require pressure relief
- Designed to be suitable for use with most types of wheelchair
- Dynamic air cells alternate in a one-in-two cycle for active relief
- Provides excellent support and relief for the sacral area
- Supplied with a two-way stretch cover with a non-slip base
- Alarms to alert of low pressure and low battery status
- Adjustable cycle time length to provide optimised care for each user
- Easy to use with an intuitive weight setting function
- Offers a static mode for use with minimal battery power
- Cushion Dimensions (WxLxD): 43 x 43 x 10cm
- Maximum user weight: 120kg
- Cell height: 6cm
- Cushion weight 1.11kg
- Flame retardancy: EN597 - 1 and EN597 - 2
- Pump dimensions (WxLxD): 25 x 12.5 x 5.7cm
- Pump weight: 0.96kg
- Power supply: DC 12V, 12.5A by adaptor, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Cycle time: 10, 15 or 20 minutes