Carefree Modular Cut Pressure Relief Mattress Overlay
When caring for patients, it's vital that you can provide the appropriate level of pressure relief to reduce the risk of the development of bedsores. The Carefree Modular Cut Pressure Relief Mattress Overlay is ideal for low to medium risk patients, reducing pressure and improving comfort. It's designed to be used on top of a standard mattress, and is available in both single and double sizes to suit your needs.
This mattress is available in two thicknesses (2" or 4") as either a single or double mattress. Select your desired options using the drop-down menus at the top of the page.
Key Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at medium risk of pressure sore development
- Modular cut foam overlay provides effective pressure relief
- Castellated foam allows mattress to move with the patient to reduce shear
- Made with high-quality CMHR foam to provide superior support and comfort
- Available for single and double beds to match your needs
- Two-way stretch polyurethane waterproof and vapour permeable cover helps to reduce shear and friction
- Reduces pressure by redistributing body weight to avoid high pressure zones
- Available in two-inch (51mm) and four-inch (102mm) depths for different patients
- Maximum 135kg (21 stone) user weight great for most users
- No turn design for maximum ease of use
Effective Medium Risk Pressure Relief
A modular cut foam construction enables the Carefree Overlay Mattress to provide effective pressure relief to users. The castellated foam design reduces the pressure on patients by redistributing their body weight, making the overlay fantastic for those at medium risk of pressure ulcer development. The castellations also allow more airflow beneath the patient, and can adjust to movement to reduce shear forces.
Comfortable, Protective Cover
To help ensure comfort is maintained and the overlay is protected, a stitched two-way stretch cover is included. Waterproof and vapour-permeable, it's comfortable and helps with infection control while also protecting the overlay from moisture and damage. The cover's two-way stretch design helps to reduce shear and friction, further decreasing the risk of bedsore development.
Two Sizes and Depths Available
Helping you get the right overlay for your bed and care environment, the Carefree Pressure Relief Overlay is available in sizes for single and double beds. Additionally, two depth options (two-inches and four-inches) help you provide more targeted care to patients. In particular, the two inch depth is ideal for patients with a lighter frame.
The graphic below shows the dispersion of a patient's pressure when placed on the Carefree Modular Overlay Mattress.
- Risk category: Up to medium risk
- Maximum user weight: 135kg (21 stone)
- Warranty: Two years
- Overlay dimensions (LxWxD):
- Single 2": 1981 x 860 x 50mm
- Double 2": 1981 x 1372 x 50mm
- Single 4": 1981 x 864 x 100mm
- Double 4": 1981 x 1372 x 100mm
- Overlay weight: 3kg - 8.5kg
- Foam density: 29 - 31kg/m³
- Nominal hardness: 95 - 115 Newtons
- Fatigue class: Severe
- Fire retardancy: BS 7177 (Crib 5 Composite)
- Cleaning instructions:
- Can withstand up to 10,000 ppm chlorine
- Can be laundered up to 84°C