In a care or hospital environment, it's vital that you can provide a suitable level of pressure relief to reduce the risk of pressure ulcer development. The Carefree Modular Cut Pressure Relief Mattress is ideal for patients at medium to high risk of pressure sores, reducing pressure and improving comfort. To ensure the mattress is suitable for a wide range of care environments, it's available in two widths to suit most beds.
This mattress is available in both single and double widths; please select your desired size using the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Provides pressure relief suitable for those at medium to high risk of pressure sore development
- Modular cut foam core provides effective pressure relief
- Full mattress replacement that does not require use of an underlay
- Redistributes body weight to reduce high pressure zones
- Flexible and versatile mattress with toughened PU base suitable for profiling bed use
- Easy care mattress with a non-slip base improves stability and ease of use
- Does not require turning to reduce manual handling time by carers
- Two-way stretch polyurethane waterproof and vapour permeable cover, reducing shear and friction
- Enclosed zip to prevent fluid ingress and contamination of foam core for compliance with infection control standards
- Maximum user weight of 260kg (41 stone) great for most users
Pressure Relief for High Risk Patients
Using a modular cut foam core, the Carefree Mattress provides a fantastic level of pressure relief that is suitable for medium to high risk patients. It works to redistribute body weight across the mattress, reducing pressure points to help prevent pressure ulcers forming. As well as reducing the risk of pressure sores, the mattress also works to provide a fantastic level of comfort, and is suitable for use with profiling beds thanks to its toughened PU base.
Protective, Comfortable Cover
To help ensure that the mattress is protected from fluid ingress and damage, it is supplied with a waterproof, vapour-permeable stitched cover. An enclosed zip helps to prevent fluid ingress and reduce the risk of the foam core becoming contaminated, which is vital for compliance with infection control standards. A two-way stretch design helps to make the cover feel more comfortable and reduce shear and friction.
Single and Double Sizes Available
It's important that you can get the right mattress for your patient and care environment. To help you get the right size, the Carefree Modular Cut Mattress is available in both singe and double sizes, ensuring compatibility with your beds.
- Pressure risk category: Medium to high risk
- Maximum user weight: 260kg (41 stone)
- Warranty: Two years
- Mattress weight: 8kg
- Grade of foam: Rx30/125
- Fatigue class: Severe
- Fire retardancy: BS 7177 (Crib 5 composite)
- Mattress dimensions (WxLxD)
- Single: 1981 x 910 x 153mm
- Double: 1981 x 1372 x 153mm
The graphic below shows the pressure distribution of a patient when lying on the Carefree Modular Pressure Relief Mattress.