Emergency Lifting Sheet
Look after your staff by providing them with this simple and cost-effective answer to a potential problem. The Emergency Lifting Sheet is designed specifically for lifting in emergency situations where there is no other suitable equipment available. Strong, robust, fully waterproof and fire retardant, this sheet has been designed in conjunction with the Guidelines for Safer Handling during Resuscitation in Healthcare Settings and is tested to 20 stone (127kg).
Features and Benefits of the Emergency Lifting Sheet
- Designed for raising someone from the floor in a horizontal position
- Ideal for situations where there is no stretcher hoist available
- Can be washed at 74°C for three minutes for better hygiene
- Fully waterproof and fire retardant for maximum security
- Requires a minimum of eight people to lift
- Maximum patient weight of 20 stone (127kg)
- Available in two sizes, Standard and Large
Benefits of Owning an Emergency Lifting Sheet
This Lifting Sheet is designed for use where there is no hoist available and you need to raise someone from the floor in a horizontal position. Strong, robust, fully waterproof and fire retardant, this sheet has been designed in conjunction with the Guidelines for Safer Handling during Resuscitation in Healthcare Settings and is tested to 20 stone (127kg).
Using the Emergency Lifting Sheet
The Lifting Sheet is designed to be incredibly easy to use. Still, the following steps are advised when using the sheet:
- The transfer must be well-planned and all rescuers briefed. In total eight people will be required to assist.
- One person should coordinate the commands and lifting activity, and this person is also required to support the head.
- Ensure that a designated shifting sheet is available. A scoop stretcher may be used.
- Log roll the patient onto the lifting sheet.
- A minimum of three people are positioned on each side of the patient.
To learn how an emergency lift should be carried out, watch the video below:
Most Common Areas of Use
The Emergency Lifting Sheet is ideal for all situations where there is no other suitable equipment available. It is most commonly used in:
- All areas of healthcare
- Emergency services
- Nursing and care homes
- Social services