Heritage II Bariatric Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress System
Dynamic mattress replacement systems are the best option for users at very high risk of pressure ulcer development, but special precautions and features are needed to provide adequate care to larger patients. The Heritage II Bariatric Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress System provides dynamic pressure relief suitable for bariatric patients, with features like deep 8" air cells and a 1200mm width to accommodate larger users. Equipped with auto-detection of patient position and variable cycle times, this mattress is an ideal solution for patients at very high risk of pressure sore development.
Key Features and Benefits
- Suitable for bariatric users up to a very high risk of pressure sores
- A 1200mm width and deep 8" cells make the mattress ideal for bariatric users
- Two-cell cycle with variable times optimises pressure relief
- Cell-on-cell construction provides additional support
- Alternating and constant low pressure modes enable dynamic care
- Auto-detection and backrest mode automatically adjust to weight and position
- Timed static mode for nursing procedures
- Audible and visual low pressure and power loss alarms
- Transport mode maintains inflation for up to 48 hours for transfers and power failures
- Two-way stretch cover reduces shear and friction
- Welded seams and enclosed zips as standard to comply with infection standards
- Enclosed air feed tubing to guard against infection and contamination
- CPR function fitted as standard for rapid deflation
- Weight limit up to 350kg (55 stone)
- Removable cells to facilitate repair and replacement
Dynamic, Optimised Pressure Relief
Using an alternating air system, this mattress provides dynamic pressure relief suitable for patients at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers. This level of pressure reduction is achieved through a two-cell cycle, enabling the mattress to provide optimal pressure relief. This, combined with a cell-on-cell construction that further helps to reduce pressure, makes the mattress ideal for bariatric patients.
Designed for Ease of Use
To help carers provide the best level of care possible, the mattress system has been developed to be incredibly intuitive. A simple control panel enables quick setup, ensuring patients are supported immediately. The control panel also features an auto-lockout function, preventing patients from accidentally changing settings.
Timed Static and CPR Modes
The system features a built-in timed static mode, enabling essential nursing procedures to be carried out while ensuring the mattress returns to dynamic mode afterwards. Additionally, a CPR mode rapidly deflates the mattress in emergency situations, enabling CPR to be promptly performed. To ensure that pressure relief is continually provided, the system features audible and visual alarms to alert caregivers of a loss of pressure or power failure.
Protective Cover Included
Helping ensure that the mattress is protected from fluid ingress and damage, it is supplied with a waterproof, vapour-permeable stitched cover that protects it from damage or contamination, and also provides improved comfort through reduction of friction and shear forces. Enclosed zips and welded seams helps to prevent fluid ingress and further reduce the risk of contamination – vital for compliance with infection control standards.
Please note: The Heritage II is suitable for double beds only.