Invacare Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot (Single)
For patients with low levels of mobility, the heels are one of the most difficult areas to protect, as they are constantly under some degree of pressure when lying down. The Invacare Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot (Single) is designed to protect against pressure ulcers on heels, giving you a higher level of foot comfort. Using an air cushion, the Invacare Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot completely takes pressure off the heel and ankle, reducing the chance of a pressure ulcer developing and helping to heal existing pressure ulcers.
- Can be used in a supine (lying on your back) or sitting up position
- Velcro straps ensure the patient has the best and most comfortable fit possible
- Four air tubes mean the pressure around the foot is even, so the foot is properly suspended
- Machine washable up to 60°C
- One size fits all for maximum flexibility
- Label on the front for patient identification
- Available as either a single boot or as a pair of Maxxcare Heel Boots
Recommended by Experts
Many clinicians find it difficult to reduce the pressure placed on heels but the Invacare Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot makes doing so simple and easy. In fact, the 2014 European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel recommended the use of "floating heels" like the Invacare Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot to significantly reduce the risk of pressure sore development in the area.
Effective Pressure Relief
The light and comfortable Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot can be worn by patients in virtually any position, making its pressure relief applications endless. It completely offloads pressure from the heel when used in supine and optimum seating positions, so it's effective as both a preventative and treatment tool. To address the risk of pressure damage from shear, the smooth external fabric produces minimal friction between the patient's skin and the underlying surface.
Please note that the Invacare Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot is also available as a pair.