Invacare Maxxcare Pro XL Heel Boot
For patients with low levels of mobility, the heels are one of the most difficult areas to protect, as they are constantly under some degree of pressure when lying down. The Invacare Maxxcare Pro XL Heel Boot is designed to offload this pressure, providing protection and comfort that is suitable for the treatment or prevention of pressure sores in high risk users. Provided in a larger size than standard heel boots, this protective cushion is ideal for those with large or swollen ankles.
This is a larger version of the original Maxxcare Heel Boot. To determine which size is right for you, consult the sizing section below.
- Protective heel boot suitable for those at high risk of pressure sore development
- Ideal for the treatment and/or prevention of pressure ulcers
- Uses the 'floating heels' principle for effective pressure offloading
- Provides optimum comfort and stable positioning for the foot
- Smooth fabric results in minimum friction and shear forces
- Can be used in a supine (lying on your back) or sitting up position
- Velcro straps ensure the patient has the best and most comfortable fit possible
- Four air tubes provide even pressure distribution around the foot
- Helps to prevent foot drop in vulnerable users
- Machine washable up to 60°C
- Designed for larger heels, with a standard version also available
Floating Heel Principle
The heels are known as one of the most vulnerable areas when it comes to pressure sore prevention. Due to this the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP 2014) has recommended implementation of the "floating heels" principle, used to describe equipment that allows for even pressure distribution on this vulnerable area. The Invacare Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot is designed with this principle in mind, using air capsules to suspend the heels, thereby applying the "floating heels" principle to maximum effect.
Effective Pressure Relief
The light and comfortable Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot can be worn by patients in virtually any position, making its pressure relief applications endless. It completely offloads pressure from the heel when used in supine and optimum seating positions, so is effective as both a preventative and treatment tool. To address the risk of pressure damage from shear, the smooth external fabric produces minimal friction between the patient's skin and the underlying surface.
Maxxcare Pro XL Heel Boot Sizing
The Pro XL Heel Boot is designed for those with large or swollen ankles. To determine if this boot is suitable for you, measure the circumference of your instep contour from the bottom of your heel to the bend of your ankle, as shown in the image below. If your measurement falls between 38cm and 43cm, the Standard Maxxcare Pro Heel Boot will be more suitable for you.
|Size ||Instep Contour Circumference |
|Standard ||38 - 43cm (15 - 17") |
|XL ||43cm and over (14"+) |