Alternating air mattresses are the best option for patients at very high risk of pressure sore development, but these systems are often not versatile enough to meet all the demands of a complex care environment. The Liberty II Low Air Loss Pressure Relief Mattress Replacement System provides constant low pressure to gently support patients and allow immersion. Suitable for terminally ill patients as well as those with burns and lymphodema, this is an extremely versatile mattress that is ideal for those at very high risk of pressure sore development.
- Suitable for those at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Cell-on-cell construction provides excellent support and relief
- Adjustable therapy settings suitable for a range of uses
- Microclimate control limits skin warming and moisture to be suitable for burn victims
- Pulsate mode encourages blood and lymph flow for lymphoedema patients
- Alternating mode with variable cycle times for dynamic pressure relief
- Transport mode maintains inflation for up to 24 hours for transfers and power failures
- Equipped with a bariatric mode to suit users up to 450kg (70 stone)
- True low air loss provides gentle support surface for patient immersion
- Digital control panel offers intuitive controls and easy adjustment
- Lower leg zone provides lower interface pressure for extra pressure relief
- CPR function fitted as standard for rapid deflation
- Audible and visual alarm in case of pressure or power loss
- Breathable waterproof cover improves comfort and protects mattress
- Weight limit of 320kg (50 stone) suitable for most users
Very High Risk Pressure Relief
Using a cell-on-cell construction, the Liberty II Mattress provides pressure relief suitable for patients at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers. The interconnected air cells yield to patient movement to decrease shearing and friction, and the system constantly monitors patient movement and re-adjusts to optimal lower interface pressures.
Pulsate Mode for Lymphoedema Patients
To maximise versatility, the Liberty II Pressure Relief features a built-in pulsate mode. This intermittently reduces cell pressure by 40%, helping to manage oedema and reduce pain. It's great for lymphoedema patients, improving blood flow and encouraging lymph flow to help recovery.
Designed for Ease of Use
To help carers provide the best level of care possible, the mattress system features a simple control panel, enabling carers to set up the system easily and efficiently to ensure adequate support. The control panel also features an auto-lockout function, helping prevent patients from accidentally changing the settings and reducing efficacy.
Static, CPR and Transfer Modes
A built-in timed static mode enables essential nursing procedures to be carried out while ensuring that the mattress returns to dynamic mode afterwards. Additionally, a CPR mode rapidly deflates the mattress in emergency situations, enabling CPR to be performed as quickly as possible. To ensure that pressure relief is continually provided, the system features a series of audio and visual alarms to alert caregivers in case of a loss of pressure or a power failure.
Pressure Distribution Map
The graphic below shows the pressure distribution when a 44 year old male patient at 170cm in height weighing 82kg is lying on the Liberty II Mattress.
Please note: The Liberty II Mattress is suitable for single beds only.