Tamora Plus II Analogue Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress Replacement System
It's vital that patients who require pressure relief can get it without sacrificing safety or support, and dynamic mattress replacement systems provide an ideal solution. The Tamora Plus II Analogue Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress Replacement System is an alternating replacement mattress system that has an integral foam base to provide support and pressure relief in the event of a power failure. With a single layer of alternating air cells and a two-cell cycle to provide optimal dynamic therapy, this mattress replacement is suitable for those at very high risk of pressure sore development.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides pressure relief suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development
- Features an integral 2" foam base to provide extra pressure relief and support
- Foam base provides extra protection for the patient in the event of a power failure
- Two-cell cycle provides optimal dynamic therapy and lower interface pressures
- Low enough to meet side rail standards while offering dynamic support
- Auto-lockout feature prevents unwanted tampering with control panel
- Timed static mode returns to alternating mode automatically for extra safety
- Static head cells provide improved head support
- CPR mode for rapid deflation in case of emergencies
- Soft, waterproof, vapour permeable cover protects mattress and improves comfort
- Features a 360° zip to prevent fluid ingress while enabling the cover to easily be washed
- Welded seams and integral covered air pipe protect against fluid ingress for greater longevity
- Cable management system to reduce the risk of trips and accidents
- Comfort Control dial enable patients to get a level of support adjusted for their needs
- Audio and visual alarms in case of power or pressure loss to ensure support is always provided
- Maximum user weight of 200kg (31.5 stone)
Optimised Patient Comfort and Pressure Care
A two-cell cycle optimises dynamic pressure reduction to ensure maximum pressure relief is provided, and a comfort control dial allows nursing staff to adjust pressure to suit individual patient requirements. In addition to the 10 minute cycle time, the system offers variable cycle times with the choice of extended cycle periods of 15 to 20 minutes.
Dedicated Head Zone and Foam Base
The mattress features a dedicated head zone, allowing for stable and comfortable head support that other mattresses lack. Additionally, an integrated two-inch foam base provides extra pressure relief and support, addressing key height safety issues and providing extra support in the event of a power failure.
Enhanced Patient Safety
An Auto-Lockout feature prevents unintentional activation of the control panel, ensuring that any setting changes are deliberate. Additionally, a timed static mode enables staff to carry out nursing procedures while ensuring that pressure relief will continue to be supplied afterwards automatically.
Efficient Infection Control Procedures
The Tamora Plus II has been designed to ease the burden on nursing staff in the implementation of cleaning and decontamination procedures. An easy-to-clean waterproof cover with welded seams, enclosed zipper and integral covered air pipe will assist hospital staff in reducing infection by preventing fluid ingress and contamination.
The graphic below shows the pressure distribution of a patient lying on the mattress through two alternating cycles. The patient shown is a 44 year old male with a height of 170cm weighing 82kg.