Pommel for the Matrx Flo-Tech Solution Xtra Wheelchair Cushion
The Matrx Flo-tech Solution Xtra Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is unique in that it offers a number of contoured positioning accessories, helping it to correct common postural problems while assisting in pressure relief. This Pommel is one such accessory, and can be placed at the front of the cushion to exist the height of the existing pommel.
This accessory is available in two sizes: Shallow and Deep. Select your desired size using the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
How Should the Pommel Be Used?
This Pommel should be placed at the front of the cushion to increase the height of the existing pommel, thereby aiding femoral alignment, maintaining the hip joints and assisting with spasticity. Choose either the Shallow or Deep Pommel depending on the level of support and alignment required.
What Other Modular Positioning Options Are Available?
There are a number of modular positioning options that can be added to the Flo-Tech Solution Xtra cushion. Many of these accessories can be seen in use with the cushion the image below. These options include:
- Pelvic Obliquity Pad: Can be inserted into either side of the ischial well under the gel pad to correct fixed pelvic obliquities
- Hip Aligner: Can be placed on either side on the rear edge of the cushion, either unilaterally or bilaterally, to encourage mid-lining and hip alignment
- Thigh Aligner: Can be placed on either side at the front of the femoral shelf, unilaterally or bilaterally, to reduce external rotation and abduction of the thighs
- Pommel (Standard or Deep): Placed at the front of the cushion to increase existing pommel height
- Rigidiser: Placed under the whole cushion (including wedges) to maintain a firm base on sling canvases
- Fluid Sac: Can be inserted into the ischial well where required to prevent forward sliding, reduce sacral pressure and help mild pelvic obliquity
- Wedges (Front, Side and Lateral): Placed under cushion to assist with pelvic stability and anterior tilt
How Do I Keep the Matrx Flo-tech Cushion Hygienic?
As with all other Flo-tech cushions, the foam of this cushion has been treated with Ultra-fresh. This is an antimicrobial treatment that helps to make the cushion more resistant to the growth of odour-causing bacteria to provide longer-lasting freshness.
- The Matrx Flo-tech Cushion is washable and should be hand-washed with soap and water
- The cushion should not be machine washed
- Maximum cleaning temperature is 80°C