Small Samarit Transglide Lateral Transfer Board
Lateral transfers are one of the most common manoeuvres in healthcare, so it's important that they are performed safely not only for the patient, but the carer as well. The Small Samarit Transglide Lateral Transfer Board is a quality board with a high-slip surface for comfortable transfers, and back safety slips that ensure easy and secure positioning on most surfaces. Permeable to x-rays, acid-resistant and incredibly durable, this aid has been designed to be safe and comfortable for both patients and members of staff.
Features and Benefits of the Transglide
- Designed to bridge a gap between two lying surfaces
- Highly flexible, designed to curve around the seats of vehicles
- Made of HDPE anti-shatter materials to ensure exceptional robustness
- Can be cleaned with any cleaning agents for infection control
- High slip surface ensures easier patient transfers
- Non-toxic, which ensures there are no poisonous fumes in case of fire
- Scratch and mark resistant, which means no chipping for patient safety
- Bends around the contours of the patient for easy sitting transfers
- Thin and lightweight for easy storing
- Maximum safe weight load: 31 stone (200kg)
- Dimensions (LxW): 140 x 48cm
Ideal for All Lateral Transfers
The Small Samarit Transfer Board features a high-slip surface, which makes lateral transfer much easier and safer for everyone involved. Moreover, it is flexible enough to assist with in-sitting transfers as well, which is ideal where patients are unable to lie flat (e.g. if suffering from breathing difficulties). Watch the video below to see a surface to surface transfer with the help of the Small Samarit Transglide.
Robust, lightweight and easy to use, the Small Transglide is suitable for use in all areas of healthcare where lateral transfers are frequent or even probable. Most often you will find it in:
- Care homes
- Emergency services
- Nursing homes
Made from Exceptionally Robust Materials
Made from HDPE materials and equipped with non-slip surfaces, this lateral board is designed to last through just about anything. Its extreme strength has been successfully tested in Europe under tanks tracks, while the non-brittle surface that guarantees to remain free of chipping further ensures maximum patient safety. With its 3M anti-slip strips on the underside, the Small Samarit Transglide safely attaches to most surfaces without the fear of slipping.