Tamora III Advance Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress
Dynamic pressure relief mattresses are the best care option for patients at significant risk of pressure ulcer development, but these systems can often be overly complex, expensive or uncomfortable. The Tamora III Advance Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress is an alternating replacement mattress system that uses a three-cell cycle to optimise pressure reduction while minimising any feeling of movement or motion sickness. With both alternating and constant low pressure modes, as well as an intuitive comfort control system, this system is an ideal option for those at very high risk of pressure sores.
Key Features and Benefits
- Suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development
- TruComfort three-cell cycle system eliminates mattress movement to prevent motion sickness
- Features a CPR mode for rapid deflation in case of emergencies
- Soft, waterproof, vapour permeable cover protects mattress and improves comfort
- Auto-detection feature constantly checks for key changes in patient positioning and weight
- Includes a dedicated head zone to provide stable head support
- Both alternating and constant low pressure therapy modes for dynamic relief
- Transport mode maintains inflation for up to 48 hours for power failure and transfers
- Made with 24 air cells on top of a bottom layer for effective dispersion of pressure
- Features a 360° zip cover to prevent fluid ingress while enabling the cover to be easily cleaned
- Welded seams and integral covered air pipe protect against fluid ingress for greater longevity
- Cable management system to reduce the risk of trips and accidents
- Digital control panel offers intuitive display and easy setting adjustment
- Comfort Control dial enable patients to get a level of support adjusted for their needs
- Audio and visual alarms in case of power or pressure loss to ensure support is always provided
- Maximum user weight of 200kg (31.5 stone) great for most users
Optimised Patient Comfort with TruComfort
Using TruComfort – a three-cell cycle alternating system – the Tamora III optimises dynamic pressure reduction to ensure maximum pressure relief is provided. It fully reinflates a deflated cell before the next cell deflates, eliminating any feeling of movement to maximise patient comfort and help prevent motion sickness.
Comfort Control with Variable Cycle Times
A comfort control dial allows nursing staff to adjust pressure to suit individual patient requirements. In addition to the 10 minute cycle time, the system offers variable cycle times with the choice of extended cycle periods of 15, 20, 25 and 30 minutes to provide more targeted care to patients.
Enhanced Patient Safety
An Auto-Lockout feature prevents unintentional activation of the control panel, ensuring that any setting changes are deliberate. Additionally, a timed static mode enables staff to carry out nursing procedures while ensuring that pressure relief will continue to be supplied afterwards automatically.
Efficient Infection Control Procedures
The Tamora III Advance has been designed to ease the burden on nursing staff in the implementation of cleaning and decontamination procedures. An easy to clean waterproof cover with welded seams, enclosed zipper and integral covered air pipe will assist hospital staff in reducing infection by preventing fluid ingress and contamination.
Pressure Distribution Map
The graphics below show the pressure distribution when a patient is lying on the Tamora 3 through the three alternating cycles (44 year old male, 170cm in height, weighing 82kg).