Toto Lateral Turning Mattress Platform
Pressure ulcers affect a lot of bed-bound patients with those who are immobile being most vulnerable so it's vital to ensure their comfort and safety. The Toto Lateral Turning Mattress Platform is part of a system that can be set to automatically tilt gently at regular intervals day and night to distribute pressure, and prevent injury.
If you want both units together as a full set, you can purchase the Toto Lateral Turning Pressure Relief Mattress System.
- 1 x Toto Rollable Platform
- 1 x Toto Cover
- 1 x Toto Transport Bag
Please note the platform only works with the Toto Touch Digital Control Unit which can be purchased separately.
Who Can Use the Toto Lateral Turning Mattress Platform?
Immobile patients are at the highest risk of developing pressure ulcers so Toto's unique system of frequent and gentle repositioning redistributes pressure at regular intervals, day and night. It's also suitable for distressed and aggressive patients who dislike manual intervention, as well as for those in end of life and palliative care.
Indications for use:
- Identified as being at moderate to high risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Weighing up to 250kg (551lbs)
- Who are unable to change their position without assistance
- Identified as requiring regular turning and who are non-compliant with manual turning schedules
Key Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at-risk to very high-risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Compatible with any bed frame in profile or 'rise and recline' position
- Can be used with standard or alternating pressure relieving mattresses
- Promotes safety for both patient and carer without the need for manual handling
- Designed to accommodate patients up to 250kg
- Proven to be clinically effective at redistributing pressure away from 'at risk' areas
- Automatic turning ensures safety compliance and continuous care
- Lightweight and rollable platform weighing less than 6.3kg
- Delivered fully assembled in a transport bag ready for use
- Inflates evenly and smoothly to support patients from head to toe
- Easily installed by one person without any specialist skills
How Safe Is the Toto Lateral Turning Platform?
The Toto Lateral Turning Platform is designed with safety in mind for both patient and caregiver. Manual handling and adjustment often causes damage to other devices such as mattress covers, as well as discomfort to patients and injury to caregivers.
Why Should I Buy the Toto Lateral Turning Platform?
Hospitals and healthcare environments can be busy with lots of demand on caregivers, so patients can often get neglected. However, the automated turning of Toto ensures patients are kept moving which removes the pressure on nurses while ensuring compliance.
How Comfortable Is the Toto Lateral Turning Platform?
Toto is safe and comfortable to use as it inflates evenly, smoothly and consistently. It fully supports patients from head to toe without any risk of twisting, and continues to deliver frequent repositioning even when patients are asleep.
Do I Need to Buy a Special Bed to Use This?
The Toto Platform is compatible with any bed frame in any profiled or 'rise and recline' position.
What Type Of Mattress Is It Compatible With?
You can use the Toto platform with both standard and alternating pressure relieving mattresses such as foam, air or alternating air mattress. It can't be used with pocket sprung mattresses and the mattress should not be strapped to the bed frame as it will impede the action of the Toto.
How Does the Toto Lateral Turning Platform Work?
The Toto Platform is controlled by the Toto Touch Digital Control Unit which can be preset at user determined cycles for customised care. The soft touch button interface are easy to use and has alarm features to indicate blockage, low pressure and power loss.
Can I Buy the Whole System Together?
The Toto Lateral Turning Pressure Relief Mattress System includes both the Toto Turning Platform and the Digital Control Unit at a better price than if purchased separately.
How Do I Store the Toto Lateral Turning Platform?
- When not in use, remove the cover to prevent damage
- Place a protective covering over the platform and do not store directly on the floor
- Never store other items on top of the Toto platform
- Do not store next to radiators or other heating devices
- Do not allow sharp objects to penetrate the cover
- Dimensions (LxW): 1850mm x 745mm
- Weight: 6.7kg
- Maximum User Weight: 250kg
Where Can I Learn More About the Toto Lateral Turning Platform?
Please watch the video below for more information about the Toto Lateral Turning System. If you have any questions, you can also get in touch with our product experts, and they will be happy to help.