Toto Lateral Turning Pressure Relief Mattress System
Designed to prevent bedsores in immobile patients, the Toto Lateral Turning Pressure Relief Mattress System gently tilts the patient at adjustable intervals to distribute pressure from head to toe. It accommodates patients up 250kg and ensures continuous and customised care without the need for manual handling from busy carers.
Who Can Use the Toto Lateral Turning Pressure Relief Mattress System?
The Toto Lateral Turning System is designed for immobile patients who are at risk or very high risk of developing pressure ulcers, those in end of life care, as well as distressed and aggressive patients who dislike manual intervention. Toto's unique system of frequent and gentle repositioning redistributes pressure at regular intervals, day and night.
Indications for use:
- Identified as being at moderate to high risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Weighing up to 250kg (551lbs)
- Who are unable to change their position without assistance
- Identified as requiring regular turning and who are non-compliant with manual turning schedules
Key Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at-risk to very high-risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Compatible with any bed frame in profile or 'rise and recline' position
- Can be used with standard or alternating pressure relieving mattresses
- Promotes safety for both patient and carer without the need for manual handling
- Designed to accommodate patients up to 250kg
- Proven to be clinically effective at redistributing pressure away from 'at risk' areas
- User-determined automatic turning ensures safety compliance and continuous care
- Lightweight and rollable platform weighing less than 6.3kg
- Delivered fully assembled in a transport bag ready for use
- Inflates evenly and smoothly to support patients from head to toe
- Soft touch interface buttons on the Digital Control Unit for ease of use
- Easily installed by one person without any specialist skills
How Safe Is the Toto Lateral Turning System?
The Toto Lateral Turning System is designed with safety in mind for both patient and caregiver. Manual handling and adjustment often causes damage to other devices such as mattress covers, as well as discomfort to patients and injury to caregivers.
Why Should I Buy the Toto Lateral Turning System?
Hospitals and healthcare environments can be busy with lots of demand on caregivers, so patients can often get neglected. However, the automated turning of Toto ensures patients are kept moving which removes the pressure on nurses while ensuring compliance.
How Comfortable Is the Toto Lateral Turning System?
Toto is safe and comfortable to use as it inflates evenly, smoothly and consistently. It fully supports patients from head to toe without any risk of twisting, and continues to deliver frequent repositioning even when patients are asleep.
Do I Need to Buy a Special Bed to Use This?
The Toto Platform is compatible with any bed frame in any profiled or 'rise and recline' position.
What Type Of Mattress Is It Compatible With?
You can use the Toto platform with both standard and alternating pressure relieving mattresses such as foam, air or alternating air mattress. It can't be used with pocket sprung mattresses and the mattress should not be strapped to the bed frame as it will impede the action of the Toto.
How Easy Is It to Install?
Weighing less than 6.3kg, you'll receive your Toto Lateral Turning System fully assembled in a transport bag, ready for use. It can be easily installed by one person without any specialist skills or training required.
How Does the Toto Lateral Turning System Work?
The Toto Platform is controlled by the Toto Touch Digital Control Unit to provide customised care with a user determined automated turning cycle. Featuring five preset time intervals for inflation and rest periods from 30 minutes to four hours, you can choose which setting is most suitable for the patient.
Soft Touch Button Interface
The Toto Control Unit has easy-to-use soft touch buttons so that nurses and carers can adjust them when necessary. It also has a lockable feature to disable the panel to avoid unwanted setting changes by unauthorised users.
Therapy Pause Mode
During feeding time or hygiene procedures, you can suspend pump functions by pressing the Power button once so that you can have patient interaction without having to stop therapy. The selected side selection, inflate and rest time LEDs will flash when this is activated.
Five Alarm Features
There are five control audible and visual alarms on the Toto Touch Digital Control Unit including blockage, low pressure, power loss and service indicators.
How Do I Store the Toto Lateral Turning System?
- When not in use, remove the cover to prevent damage
- Place a protective covering over the platform and do not store directly on the floor
- Never store other items on top of the Toto platform
- Do not store next to radiators or other heating devices
- Do not allow sharp objects to penetrate the cover
- Toto Rollable Platform (LxW): 1850mm x 745mm
- Toto Digital Control Unit (LxWxH): 240mm x 100mm x 200mm
- Weight: 6.7kg
- Maximum User Weight: 250kg
Where Can I Learn More About the Toto Lateral Turning System?
Please watch the video below for more information about the Toto Lateral Turning System. If you have any questions, you can also get in touch with our product experts, and they will be happy to help.