Vicair Academy Positioner Plus Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Those who spend long hours in a wheelchair may require the use of a pressure relief cushion to prevent pressure sore development, but many of these cushions don't provide adequate stability for wheelchair movement. The four-section design of the Vicair Academy Positioner Plus Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is designed with four compartments filled with air-filled SoftCells, providing excellent stability and pressure relief. The compartments run from front to back to provide thigh support and prevent leg rotation, making this cushion suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development.
This cushion is available in a variety of sizes with two cover choices. Select your desired options using the drop-down menus above.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at very high pressure sore risk
- Made with four compartments for stability and comfort
- Provides excellent lateral stability through use of side compartments
- Compartments run from front to back to support thighs and prevent external leg rotation
- Cushion can be adapted to the needs of each client
- Suitable for those with body asymmetries
- Adjustability allows for bespoke postural support
- Each compartment filled with hundreds of air-filled SoftCells
- Cells constantly adapt to body contours
- Lightweight and easy to maintain
- Suitable for active users
Very High Risk Pressure Relief
Vicair Academy cushions provide a unique combination of weight distribution, comfort, positioning and postural support, making them an excellent pressure relief solution for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development. These cushions are fully adjustable in cell density, allowing them to be customised to provide the best relief for each specific patient.
Lateral Stability and Thigh Support
The side compartments of this cushion provide excellent lateral support for the user, enhancing stability and comfort. The compartments run from front to back, providing optimal thigh support while preventing external rotation of the legs.
SoftCells for Cushioned Comfort
Each cushion in the Vicair Academy range offers a unique and innovative approach to body support. Each cushion contains hundreds of SoftCells, which are small, air-filled, pyramid-shaped pockets of air contained in strategically placed compartments. These flexible, fabric-coated cells have low friction areas which are in contact with each other and constantly adapt and conform to the body's contours.
Low Weight and Maintenance
The innovative design of the Vicair Academy cushions means that it is safe, easy to maintain and lightweight. There is no risk of the cushion deflating, so if a SoftCell does get damaged, the single cell can be replaced rather than the whole item.
This cushion is available with two choices of cover. Both covers feature and anti-slip bottom for stability and a two-way stretchable top for comfort and reduction of shear forces. The covers are fitted with Velcro tape on the undersides, allowing fixation to the wheelchair seat.
The two cover choices are as follows:
- Comfair Cover: This cover is made with breathable fabric, allowing it to provide excellent comfort for the patient.
- Incontinence Cover: This cover is made with waterproof, incontinence-proof material, allowing it to provide excellent protection to increase cushion longevity.
- Weight: 0.4 - 1.2kg
- Max patient weight: 250kg (39.5 stone)
- Washing instructions:
- Outer cover: Wash up to 60°C
- Inner cover: Hand wash
- SoftCells: Hand wash