Vicair Academy Twin Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Those who spend long stretches of time seated in a wheelchair can be at risk of pressure sore development, and this risk is further exacerbated if the individual suffers from body asymmetry. The Vicair Academy Twin Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is the entry level cushion in the Vicair Academy range, and is ideal for general use. Suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development, this cushion is divided into two air-cell-filled compartments and is recommended for those with severe body asymmetry.
This cushion is available in a variety of sizes with two cover choices. Select your desired options using the drop-down menus above.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at very high pressure sore risk
- Entry level cushion ideal for general use
- Designed for those with severe body asymmetry
- Divided into two sections: a rear and a front compartment
- Each compartment is filled with air-filled SoftCells
- Fewer cells in front to reduce shear and pressure
- Cushion can be adapted to the needs of each client
- Adjustability allows for bespoke postural support
- Cells constantly adapt to body contours
- Suitable for active users
Very High Risk Pressure Relief
Vicair Academy cushions provide a unique combination of weight distribution, comfort, positioning and postural support, making them an excellent pressure relief solution for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development. These cushions are fully adjustable in cell density, allowing them to be customised to provide the best relief for each specific patient. The support they provide makes them excellent for those with a range of postural asymmetries.
Two Compartments for Shear Reduction
Recommended for use by clients with severe body asymmetry, this cushion is divided into two compartments, each filled with hundreds of SoftCells. There are fewer cells in the front than in the rear, allowing the cushion to provide excellent relief and shear reduction.
Unique Air-Filled SoftCells
Vicair cushions are designed with a unique and innovative pressure relief system, consisting of hundreds of air-filled SoftCells. These small, pyramid-shaped cells are arranged in strategically placed compartments, allowing for bespoke support and relief. Flexible and fabric-coated, these cells have a low friction level, allowing them to move with the patient to produce a significant reduction in shear forces while conforming to body contours.
Lightweight and Low-Maintenance
This cushion is made to be easy to use and maintain, as it is lightweight and each SoftCell is independently replaceable if damaged. Once the cushion has been adjusted to the client's needs, there is little intervention required, meaning less disruption for the patient and carer.
This cushion is available with two choices of cover. Both covers feature and anti-slip bottom for stability and a two-way stretchable top for comfort and reduction of shear forces. The covers are fitted with Velcro tape on the undersides, allowing fixation to the wheelchair seat.
The two cover choices are as follows:
- Comfair Cover: This cover is made with breathable fabric, allowing it to provide excellent comfort for the patient.
- Incontinence Cover: This cover is made with waterproof, incontinence-proof material, allowing it to provide excellent protection to increase cushion longevity.
- Weight: 0.4 - 1.2kg
- Max patient weight: 250kg (39.5 stone)
- Washing instructions
- Outer cover: Wash up to 60°C
- Inner cover: Hand wash
- SoftCells: Hand wash