Harvest Community Plus Pressure Relief Foam Mattress
Bedbound patients at a high risk of developing pressure sores will require the use of a high specification pressure reduction mattress, but these can often be prohibitively expensive for the community and residential care markets. The Harvest Community Plus Pressure Relief Foam Mattress is designed to provide a higher quality mattress at an affordable price, making it ideal for care environments with limited budgets looking to provide the best care possible. Representing an upgrade to the Harvest Community Pressure Relief Foam Mattress, this highly resilient foam mattress is suitable for patients at high risk of pressure sore development.
This mattress is available in two widths to suit different bed sizes. Select your desired width using the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Suitable for patients at a high risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Low cost option for care home and community settings
- An upgraded version of the Harvest Community Mattress
- Thicker with better pressure distribution than the standard Community Mattress
- Suitable for use with four-section profiling beds
- V-cut foam maintains comfort during profiling
- Excellent weight distribution for the patient
- Made with high resilience, fire retardant materials
- Supplied with a two-way stretch vapour permeable cover
- Cover is waterproof to guard against spills and fluids
- Made with a CMHR foam base to boost stability
- Can be turned to extend its service life
Thicker for Better Weight Distribution
Building on the strong foundations of the Harvest Community Foam Mattress, the Community Plus is built with thicker, higher-resilience foam for high risk patients. Even with the boost in quality, this mattress remains a cost-effective option for community care environments, and provides pressure relief comparable to higher specification mattress of other ranges.
Breathable Pressure Reduction
Representing an upgrade to the previous line of Harvest mattresses for community care, this mattress features high quality foam allowing for better distribution of the patient's weight. The fire-retardant foam provides excellent breathability throughout the mattress, preventing any overheating to reduce the friction and shear forces that can exacerbate pressure sore risk.
Suitable for Profiling Beds
The foam is highly resilient and fire retardant, suitable to stand up to most medical regulations. Additionally, the foam features V-shaped cuts, making it suitable for use with fully profiling mattresses. This mattress also features a low profile, allowing it to comply to bed rail height regulations for Harvest Profiling Beds.
Protective Waterproof Cover
To protect this mattress and extend its life, it is supplied with a vapour permeable polyurethane (PU) cover with secure zip fastening. This cover is waterproof to guard against damage from spills and fluids, while remaining breathable to make for a cool, comfortable pressure reduction experience. Made with two-way stretch material, the cover adds to the comfort of the mattress, while extending its longevity.
Specifications and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 2000 x 900 x 150mm or 2000 x 1200 x 150mm
- Weight: 8.5kg / 11kg
- Maximum user weight: 190kg (30 stone)
- Fire retardancy: BS 7177 Ignition Source 5
- Foam density range: 31 - 34kg/m³
- Foam hardness range: 100 - 130N
- Warranty: 1 year (Damage to fabric covers through incorrect use and penetration by sharp instruments is excluded)