Invacare Medley Ergo Profiling Bed
Profiling beds are often necessary to provide proper support and ease of care for patients and carers alike, but it can be difficult to find a fully equipped option on a budget. The Invacare Medley Ergo Profiling Bed is designed to solve this problem, as it provides the perfect balance between budget, functionality and quality requirements.
Be Advised: The price above includes kerbside delivery to a business premises only. For delivery to your location, installation and a demonstration on proper operation, select the "Profiling Bed Delivery and Installation" option at the top of the page. This option must be selected for delivery to residential addresses.
Is This Bed Cost-Effective?
Ideal for care homes and residential care on a budget, this bed provides unrivalled functionality and ease of use for its price. With four-section mattress profiling for smooth adjustments, integral side rails for patient safety, and shear-reducing operation for bed sore prevention, this bed is the perfect profiling solution for both patients and carers.
Are Side Rails Included?
Yes, integral wooden side rails are included with this bed as standard. These side rails help to enhance the safety and cost-efficacy of the bed, ensuring falls from bed are prevented so that both carers and patients can enjoy peace of mind.
Is This Bed Height Adjustable?
This bed is made with a flexible design, and is fully height-adjustable to ensure a safe and comfortable working height for carers. This adjustability also makes patient transfers simpler, safer and more efficient. This is facilitated by the unique bed end, enabling the mattress support to be mounting in both upper and lower positions.
Is This Bed Comfortable for the User?
This bed is designed to provide comfort for long hours of use each day, with proportional sections to enhance comfort when sitting and during profiling. This means that patients can comfortable sit up in bed, and won't have to readjust after the bed is adjusted into a different position.
Aesthetically Pleasing Design
To make the care environment more comfortable for the patient, this bed is made with an attractive, homely design. This design is also functional, as the leg supports are fitted with Rastofix to enable individual positioning of the legs.
Easily Adaptable for the Community Market
The Medley Ergo Profiling Bed has been specially designed to meet the demands of transient community working environments, as it facilitates quick transportation and assembly. It can be easily installed and moved, allowing it to accommodate all of the demands a care facility might have. To make setup simple, all assembly can be done without the use of tools or technicians.
How Does This Bed Help to Reduce Pressure Sores?
With an adjustable mattress platform to stop patients sliding down, this bed will reduce the shear and friction forces that are often associated with profiling. Constructed to meet the anthropometric statistics and pressure mapping recommendations, the Medley Ergo Bed is a superb choice for patients at high risk of pressure sore development. The dimensions of the bed are optimised for all patients, making the bed suitable for even the shortest of users.
Is a Lifting Pole Available?
Yes, this bed is compatible with the Lifting Pole for Invacare Medley Ergo Profiling Beds, which can be added to your order using the tick box near the top of the page. This pole easily attaches to the framework of your bed, and provides a handle that hangs down above the patient to allow for easy self-adjustments and an increase in independence.
Are Support Handles Available?
Yes, this bed is compatible with the Invacare Support Handle for Medley Ergo Beds, which can be added to your order using the tick box near the top of the page. This handle attaches to the side of your bed, and will assist the user in getting in and out of bed independently.
Key Features of the Invacare Medley Ergo Bed
- Balances budget and functionality without compromising on quality
- Provides four-section mattress support with optimal dimensions for comfort
- Comfortable positioning for both the user and the carer
- Supplied with integral side rails to prevent patient falls
- Height adjustable mattress platform from 400 - 800mm
- Provides a safe working height and simple transfers
- Mattress platform sections reduces friction and shear forces when adjusted
- Newly optimised mattress platform prevents user from sliding down
- Full delivery and installation service available by ticking the box above
- Suitable for both shorter and taller clients
- Aesthetically pleasing design creates a more homely environment
- Bed end provides mattress support whether the bed is in a low or high position
- Increased comfort when sitting due to optimal dimensions
- Quick transportation features; ideal for care homes
Additional Information for the Invacare Medley Ergo Bed
- The Medley Ergo Bed is supplied with a three-year warranty
- Complies to the international safety standard, IEC 60601-2-52
- Not suitable for children under 12
- Width outside: 1020mm
- Width inside: 900mm
- Length outside: 2240mm
- Length inside: 2080mm
- Height of mattress platform (where the mattress will sit): 400 - 800mm
- Four-section mattress support dimensions: 800 - 230 - 300 - 670mm
- Backrest angle: 0 - 70°
- Thigh angle: 0 - 24°
- Legrest lift: 0 - 11°
- Tilt option: 11°
- Weight: 64kg
- Safe working load: 180kg
- Max. user weight: 145kg
- Heaviest part: 17kg