Invacare Softform Premier MaxiGlide Pressure Relief Mattress
For patients at risk of developing pressure ulcers, the proper pressure relief mattress must be used, but not all pressure relief mattresses are suitable for use with a profiling bed. The Invacare Softform Premier MaxiGlide Pressure Relief Mattress is uniquely suited to reduce shear forces when used with a profiling bed, and is suitable for use by patients at very high risk of pressure sore development. The unique design of this mattress allows the top surface to provide excellent pressure redistribution, while the bottom layer separates to conform to the bedframe.
Please note: This item is made to order, and is usually subject to a lead time of 5 - 7 business days after purchase.
- Suitable for patients at very high risk of pressure sore development
- Uniquely designed to reduce shear forces when used with profiling beds
- Glide mechanism allows top layer to move independently from base
- Top provides pressure relief while the base conforms to the profiling bed
- Foam is cut into castellated cells that move independently with the patient
- Reduces the need for manual handling by improving profiling position
- Supplied with a two-way stretch, vapour-permeable waterproof cover
- Modular construction allows for the replacement of all parts
Very High Risk Pressure Relief
The MaxiGlide is designed for those thought to be at high risk of pressure ulcers. The mattress can be used with an electric profiling bed due to the glide mechanism embedded in the mattress and helps to reduce shear and friction when used in this way. It improves the sitting position of the patient when upright and reduces the need for repositioning once in that position.
Two Independent Foam Layers for Profiling
The Maxiglide mattress is made up of two layers of foam with a smooth sliding surface between them to ensure they won't jar when moving. The bottom layer conforms with the bed, adapting to the frame in order to provide comfort, while the upper layer is suited for the patient, helping to redistribute pressure and prevent pressure sores. It does this by increasing the amount of contact area the user's body has with the mattress, reducing pressure in high risk areas and lowering the chance of ulcer development.
Two foam layers separate to maximise comfort while profiling
Contoured and Castellated Foam Cells
This mattress is made with a deep-contoured insert pad constructed from high specification foam. The foam is cut into castellated cells, allowing it to move independently with the user's body to redistribute pressure and reduce shear forces.
Reduced Manual Handling
During profiling, many mattresses will cause the patient to shift, requiring manual handling by the carer to reposition them. This mattress maximises the benefits of a profiling bed, providing ideal positioning and thus reducing the required manual handling time.
The mattress has a contoured insert pad placed in it that is constructed from keyhole cut castellated foam cells with independently moving parts. This modular construction means each part can be replaced individually in case of damage rather than replacing the whole mattress.
See the MaxiGlide in Action
- Width: 800cm, 855cm, 880cm or 900cm
- Length: 200cm (1950 - 2100mm available upon request)
- Height: 152mm
- Weight: 13.5kg
- Maximum user weight: 247.6kg (39 stone)
- Max cleaning temperature: 80°C
- Foam: 8 years
- Cover: 4 years