Invacare Softform Premier Active 2 Hybrid Pressure Relief Mattress
When a patient is already in pain and discomfort, having to transfer from one bed to another to achieve proper pressure relief is not an ideal scenario. The Invacare Softform Premier Active 2 Hybrid Pressure Relief Mattress is a good solution, as the foam mattress is considered suitable for a patient at very high risk of pressure ulcers, but can be advanced to an alternating surface through the use of a pump if required.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for very high risk pressure ulcer patients
- Transforms into an alternating surface for further relief
- Pump fits to the air insert to discreetly transform the mattress
- Reduces transfers and manual handling for patients
- Limits the number of beds and mattresses required
- Air cell designed for comfort and reduces friction
- Concealed pump hose for discretion
- All parts are easily replaceable in case of damage
- Alternating surface increases patient comfort and pressure relief
- Strikethrough Resistant Technology cover with a chemically resistant polyurethane polymer
- Cover is resistant to damage and abrasion even during cleaning for longer durability
- Multi-stretch, breathable and waterproof cover with corner welds
- Multiple additional sizes are available upon request
Static and Alternating Mattress in One
The mattress is a cost-effective solution to the ever-changing problem of pressure ulcers, reducing the amount of mattresses and beds required as well as minimising the amount of transfers a patient must be put through. The integral foam mattress is suitable for those at very high risk of pressure sore development, and can be transformed into an alternating air mattress system with the simple push of a button for treatment of severe ulcers.
Castellated foam over alternating air cells
Bow-Shaped Air Cells
When the pump is attached and the alternating air function is initiated, the uniquely-designed bow-shaped air cells inflate and deflate beneath the foam surface. This transforms the static surface into a more dynamic therapeutic surface, upgrading pressure relief without disturbing patient comfort. The movement of the cells help to effectively transfer tissue from one area to another, preventing the build up of pressure on any one area.
Durable Strikethrough Resistant Cover
Strikethrough, or the degradation and separation of cover fibres over time, is a leading cause of mattress cover failure and subsequent core damage. The cover of this mattress is designed to prevent this problem, as it is specially coated to stay intact for much longer than standard covers. As well as this, the cover offers excellent stretch and comfort, along with vapour-permeability to ensure a healthy micro-climate for the patient.
See the Active 2 for Yourself
- Width: 880mm
- Length: 2000mm
- Height: 152mm
- Total product weight: 14kg
- Max user weight: 247.6kg (39 stone)
- Foam: 8 years
- Cover: 4 years
- Insert: 2 Years
- Cleaning: wash at 80°C
- Manufactured to:
- European Standard BS EN 597-1 Cig
- European Standard BS EN 597 - 2 Match
- BS7177: 1996 Crib 5
Please note: The product sold on this page includes the standard size mattress. For additional sizes between 830mm and 900mm in width, and 1810mm and 2100mm in length, call our Customer Care Team at 020 7501 0592.