Invacare Universal High Sling
For patients with low levels of body control, it's important that lifting slings provide full support to all areas. The Invacare Universal High Sling provides you with a safe and comfortable transfer, ideal for those with limited head, trunk and hip control. Developed in coordination with physical and occupational therapists, this sling is ideal for transfers to and from a lying position, or for transfers from one seated position to another.
The Invacare Universal High Sling is available in five different sizes and three different materials.
Support for Versatile Transfers
The Universal High Sling supports the whole body and the head, which provides the client with a comfortable, slightly reclined position during transfer. This makes the sling ideal for people who have limited control of the head, trunk or hips as well as transfers to and from a lying position.
The Invacare Universal High Sling can also be used without head support to allow more movement for the patient. To remove the head support, simply remove the plastic rigidisers to transform the sling.
Materials of Invacare Slings
This sling is available in three different fabrics. They are as follows:
- Net Fabric: Used for bathing or if the user will stay seated on the sling for a long period of time. It is important to carry out risk assessment with reference to skin integrity for those who will be seated in the sling for long periods.
- Solid Polyester: A standard material that is easy to apply – slides smoothly and dries quickly after washing.
- Spacer Fabric: A slightly elastic fabric that adapts to the user's body shape. Well suited for those with skin integrity issues.
Sizing of the Invacare Universal Sling
Please use the table and diagram below to get an idea of which size of sling is right for your use. Match the dimensions in columns "A" - "D" to the corresponding letter on the diagram.
|Size ||A (mm) ||B (mm) ||C (mm) ||D (mm) |
|Extra Small ||1040mm ||740mm ||610mm ||340mm |
|Small ||1080mm ||840mm ||730mm ||380mm |
|Medium ||1420mm ||1000mm ||830mm ||400mm |
|Large ||1550mm ||1100mm ||920mm ||510mm |
|Extra Large ||1680mm ||1150mm ||920mm ||550mm |
Weight Guide for Invacare Slings
Please use the chart below to see the suggested weight limits of Invacare Slings.
Please follow these care instructions to make sure that your sling retains its level of quality:
- Suitable for machine washing up to 95°C
- Do not bleach
- Slings can be tumble-dried