Invacare Universal Standard Sling
For elderly patients and those with low levels of body control, transfer slings must be fully supportive to provide the patient with safety and comfort. The Invacare Universal Standard Sling supports the whole body including the shoulders, making it excellent for low mobility users. It provides the client with a feeling of comfort and safety as well as an unobstructed view to help them assist in their own transfer.
The Invacare Universal Standard Sling is available in four different sizes and three different materials. Select your desired version using the drop-down menus above.
Full Body Support
The Universal Standard Sling provides support to the whole body, making it a great all-round sling for elder care. Ideal for seated to seated transfers, the Universal Standard Sling features stiffened fabric in the back section for optimal weight distribution and comfort.
Please be aware that the Universal Standard Sling is only suitable for those who have good head control. By not supporting the head, this sling allows users a good view that provides greater security and comfort during transfer.
Materials of Invacare Slings
This sling is available in three different fabrics. They are as follows:
- Net Fabric: Used for bathing or if the user will stay seated on the sling for a period of time. It is important to carry out risk assessment with reference to skin integrity for those who will be seated in the sling for long periods.
- Solid Polyester: A standard material that is easy to apply – slides smoothly and dries quickly after washing.
- Spacer Fabric: A slightly elastic fabric that adapts to the user's body shape. Well suited for those with skin integrity issues.
Sizing of the Invacare Universal Sling
Please use the table and diagram below to get an idea of which size of sling is right for your use. Match the dimensions in columns "A" - "D" to the corresponding letter on the diagram.
|Size ||A (mm) ||B (mm) ||C (mm) ||D (mm) |
|Small ||1000mm ||920mm ||510mm ||410mm |
|Medium ||1090mm ||1050mm ||560mm ||480mm |
|Large ||1180mm ||1090mm ||580mm ||560mm |
|Extra Large ||1240mm ||1250mm ||585mm ||710mm |
Weight Guide for Invacare Slings
Please use the chart below to see the suggested weight limits of Invacare Slings.
Please follow these care instructions to make sure that your sling retains its level of quality:
- Suitable for machine washing up to 95°C
- Do not bleach
- Slings can be tumble-dried