Matrx Flo-tech Contour Lo-Back Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion - Money Off!
Patients who spend long stretches of time sitting down need a cushion that distributes their weight evenly to guard against the risk of pressure sores, but for comprehensive pressure care, posture and stabilisation must also be considered. The Matrx Flo-tech Contour Lo-Back Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion - Money Off! has been designed with a lower rear contour to allow the individual to sit further back in the seat for a more comfortable position, and is made with contoured foam to provide pressure distribution suitable for those at a high risk of pressure sore development.
This cushion is available in two sizes based on our available stock to suit different wheelchairs and patient needs. Select your desired size using the drop-down menu above.
Reduced to Clear!
This advanced pressure care cushion is available at a reduced price of £91.66 for a limited time. Get yours today, as this special price is only available while stocks last!
How Does the Lo-Back Design Improve Posture?
This unique cushion features a lower rear contour, allowing the user to sit further back in their seat. This allows the chair's natural back support to work more effectively, providing a better overall posture that contributes to a reduction of shear and high pressure zones.
What's the Benefit of Moulded Foam?
Moulding allows the Matrx Flo-tech Contour Lo-Back Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion to provide a three-dimensional form, which cannot be emulated in cut foam. This foam provides ergonomic support and postural assistance, and features the added benefit of being more durable than standard cut foam cushions.
Why Is the Foam Castellated?
The contoured foam of this cushion is castellated, allowing it to provide even greater pressure relief. The castellated allow air flow under the patient, while also allowing each section to move slightly as the patient does, thereby reducing the shear forces that can exacerbate pressure sore risk.
Is the Cushion Resistant to Bacteria?
As with all other Flo-tech cushions, the foam of this cushion has been treated with Ultra-Fresh. This is an antimicrobial treatment that helps to make the cushion more resistant to the growth of odour-causing bacteria to provide longer-lasting freshness.
Is There a Protective Cover Included?
To protect the cushion and ensure it stays in top condition for as long as possible, the Contour Lo-Back Cushion is supplied with one of two covers. These materials are as follows:
Black Spacer Cover
- Allows air to circulate
- Reduces the risk of moisture build up to reduce friction
- Multi-stretch material moves with the user to reduce shear forces
- May prevent maceration
Black Wipedown Cover
- A fabric outer surface
- Multi-stretch and vapour-permeable
- Water resistant, easy to maintain wipedown surface
- Facilitates easy transfer
- Suitable for clients with continence issues
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at high risk of pressure ulcer development
- Features a lower rear contour to allow sitting further back in the seat
- Made with moulded foam to allow a contoured 3D design
- Contoured into sections to provide excellent weight distribution
- Provides a combination of improved posture and support
- Foam is castellated to allow air flow and comfort
- Castellation also reduces shear and friction on tissue
- Supplied with a Black Spacer Cover or Black Wipedown Cover
- Ultra-Fresh added to all cushions for antimicrobial protection
- Height: 103mm
- Weight: 1.38kg
- Maximum user weight: 152kg (24 stone)
- Maximum cleaning temperature: 80°C
- Warranty: 3 Years