Matrx Flo-tech Contour Lo-Back Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Patients who spend long stretches of time in their wheelchair may require the use of a pressure relief cushion to guard against the risk of pressure ulcers, but not all pressure relief cushions are created equal. The Matrx Flo-tech Contour Lo-Back Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion has been designed with a lower rear contour, allowing the individual to sit further back in the seat for a more comfortable position. This position promotes a better posture, while contouring under the thighs provides stabilisation to reduce the effects of shear and friction.
This cushion is available in a range of heights and widths with a choice of three different covers. Choose your desired options using the drop-down menus at the top of the page.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at high risk of pressure ulcer development
- Features a lower rear contour to allow sitting further back
- Made with moulded foam to allow a contoured 3D design
- Contoured into sections to provide excellent weight distribution
- Provides a combination of improved posture and support
- Foam is castellated to allow air flow and comfort
- Castellation also reduces shear and friction on tissue
- Available in a wide range of sizes with four cover choices
- Ultra-fresh added to all cushions for antimicrobial protection
Lower Rear Contour
This unique cushion features a lower rear contour, allowing the user to sit further back in their seat. This allows the chair's natural back support to work more effectively, providing a better overall posture that contributes to a reduction of shear and high pressure zones.
Comparison of the Lo-Back to a standard cushion
Moulded Foam Cushion
Moulding allows the Matrx Flo-tech Contour Lo-Back Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion to provide a three-dimensional form, which cannot be emulated in cut foam. This foam provides ergonomic support and postural assistance, and features the added benefit of being more durable than standard cut foam cushions.
Castellated contoured foam
As with all other Flo-tech cushions, the foam of this cushion has been treated with Ultra-fresh. This is an antimicrobial treatment that helps to make the cushion more resistant to the growth of odour-causing bacteria to provide longer-lasting freshness.
Choice of Protective Covers
The choice of covers for the Flo-tech cushions come with a variety of features to best suit your needs and make maintenance simple:
- Allows air to circulate
- Reduces the risk of moisture/air build up
- May prevent maceration
Black Wipedown Cover:
- A fabric outer surface
- Water resistant, easy to maintain wipedown surface
- Facilitates easy transfer
- Suitable for clients with continence issues
Black Smooth Ingress-Resistant Cover:
- Black fabric material
- Ingress-resistant treated fabric
- Reduces potential for perspiration and irritation of the skin
Flo-tech cushions are supplied with ingress-resistant covers that can now be fitted as standard to any Invacare Flo Tech Cushion with the exception of the Low-Profile, Original and Premier cushions. Treated with a fluorocarbon-based fluid repellent finish to prevent wetting of the cover and reduce soiling and risk of contamination, they prevent fluid ingress to aid in the prevention of pressure ulcers. These innovative covers place patient comfort first and help prevent skin maceration.
- Height: 103mm
- Weight: 1.38kg
- Maximum user weight: 152kg (24 stone)
- Maximum cleaning temperature: 80°C
- Warranty: 3 Years