Matrx Flo-tech Contour Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Patients who spend long stretches of time in their wheelchair may require the use of a pressure relief cushion to guard against the risk of pressure ulcers, but all pressure relief cushions are not created equally. The Matrx Flo-tech Contour Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion is a moulded cushion that is contoured into sections to provide excellent pressure relief suitable for those at high risk of pressure ulcer development. It provides a combination of improved posture and a large support surface area, offering great stability and comfort, as well as a reduction in shear and friction forces.
This cushion is available in a range of heights and widths with a choice of four different covers. Choose your desired options using the drop-down menus at the top of the page.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at high risk of pressure ulcer development
- Made with moulded foam to allow a contoured 3D design
- More durable with better longevity than cut foam cushion
- Contoured into sections to provide excellent weight distribution
- Provides a combination of improved posture and support
- Cushion is deep so as to be suitable for heavier people
- Foam is castellated to allow air flow and comfort
- Castellation also reduces shear and friction on tissue
- Available in a wide range of sizes with four cover choices
- Ultra-fresh added to all cushions for antimicrobial protection
Moulded Foam Cushion
Moulding allows the Matrx Flo-tech Contour Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion to provide a three-dimensional form, which cannot be emulated in cut foam. This foam provides ergonomic support and postural assistance, and features the added benefit of being more durable than standard cut foam cushions.
Contoured for Weight Distribution
This cushion is contoured into sections designed to maximise pressure distribution and comfort. This design increases the support surface area, reducing high pressure areas and significantly contributing to pressure ulcer prevention. As this is a deep contoured cushion, it is suitable for use by heavier people.
Hygienic Cover Choices
The choice of covers for the Flo-Tech cushions come with a variety of features to best suit your needs and make maintenance simple:
- Allows air to circulate
- Reduces the risk of moisture/air build up
- May prevent maceration
Black Wipedown Cover:
- A fabric outer surface
- Water resistant, easy to maintain wipedown surface
- Facilitates easy transfer
- Suitable for clients with continence issues
Black Smooth Cover:
- Black fabric material
- Ingress-resistant treated fabric
- Reduces potential for perspiration and irritation of the skin
The Ingress-Resistant Baltic Blue PU Cover
This ingress-resistant cover can now be fitted as standard to any Invacare Flo Tech Cushion with the exception of the Low-Profile, Original and Premier cushions. Treated with a fluorocarbon-based fluid repellent finish to prevent wetting of the cover and reduce soiling and risk of contamination, it also prevents fluid ingress and aids in the prevention of pressure ulcers. This innovative cover places patient comfort first and helps prevent skin maceration.
- Height: 103mm
- Weight: 1.38kg
- Maximum user weight: 152kg (24 stone)
- Maximum cleaning temperature: 80°C
- Warranty: 3 Years