Matrx Flo-tech Image Gel and Foam Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Foam pressure relief cushions provide excellent comfort and weight distribution on their own, and when foam is combined with gel, pressure relief can be enhanced even further. The Matrx Flo-tech Image Gel and Foam Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion uses a combination of slim, shaped foam and a sacral gel sac to provide high levels of pressure relief and weight distribution. The cushion provides increased immersion of the ischial tuberosities, providing relief that is suitable for those at high risk of pressure ulcers.
This cushion is available in a range of sizes and with a choice of four covers. Select your desired options using the drop-down menus above.
- Provides pressure relief suitable for those at high risk of pressure ulcer development
- Made with a combination of shaped foam and gel to provide excellent relief
- Fluid sac covers the sacral area to greatly increase pressure distribution
- Gel sac also increases immersion of the ischial tuberosities
- Provides a slim profile to provide convenience during daily activities
- Shaped design maximises contact surface area and pressure distribution
- Available with a range of two-way stretch, water-resistant covers
- Covers are treated to be ingress-resistant to reduce contamination risk
- Offers increased pelvic and lateral stability to enhance posture
- Suitable for users up to a maximum user weight of 140kg (22 stone)
Stability and Posture
This cushion works to ensure the user is as stable and secure in their seated position as possible. The contoured seating surface ensures that the user stays in the correct position, increasing both comfort and pressure relief. To further protect the user from pressure sores, the castellated foam combines with the fluid sac, effectively reducing shear and friction forces.
The slimline design of this cushion makes it ideal for use with both chairs and wheelchairs. It also makes side transfers simple and efficient, improving safety and reducing injury risk for both patients and carers.
The covers supplied with this cushion are ingress-resistant to improve both hygiene and longevity. Treated with a fluorocarbon-based fluid repellent finish to prevent wetting and reduce risk of contamination, these covers prevent fluid ingress and aid in the prevention of pressure ulcers.
As with all other Flo-tech cushions, the foam of this cushion has been treated with Ultra-fresh. This is an antimicrobial treatment that helps to make the cushion more resistant to the growth of odour-causing bacteria to provide longer-lasting freshness.
The covers for the Flo-Tech cushions come with a variety of features to best suit your needs and make maintenance simple:
- Allows air to circulate
- Reduces the risk of moisture/air build up
- May prevent maceration
Black Wipedown Cover
- A fabric outer surface
- Water-resistant, easy to maintain wipedown surface
- Facilitates easy transfer
- Suitable for clients with continence issues
Black Smooth Cover
- Black fabric material
- Reduces potential for perspiration and irritation of the skin
- Facilitates easy transfers
Baltic Blue PU Cover
- Two-way stretch materials
- Highly water-resistant
- Prevents soiling of cushion
- Height: 78mm
- Weight: 1.82kg
- Maximum user weight: 140kg (22 stone)
- Max cleaning temperature: 80°C
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Interior foam: BS EN 1021-1, BS EN 1021-2, BS 5852: 1982 Crib 5